• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TardFest 2013

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm surprised we didn't have a better turnout for this run considering it's been a tradition for the past five years. Nonetheless, Curtis, Paul and myself got together a few weeks ago for our annual Feburary run, now dubbed, TardFest.

Here's some pics from the day...

Found a pleasant surprise at Horse Camp.
510B0A76-06E0-467A-92A6-38CF8FAD7244-6486-000007A8F96B9052.jpg

When I arrived in the morning Paul was awake, but Curtis was still sleeping off the night before. A quick blast from Paul's air horn got him out of bed. Shortly after the three of us were en-route to Firebreak 5.
IMG_0008.jpg

It was definitely sloppy conditions, but surprisingly traction was there if you were patient. Here's Paul making his way up the first section.
IMG_0011.jpg

Curtis in The Beast sporting brand new 44" Boggers.
IMG_0014.jpg

We came up on another group of a variety of different rigs. We waited on them for awhile on the last climb of the first section.
IMG_0017.jpg

Paul in his highly built TJ. Don't let the color fool you. Currie Axles, Atlas 4 Speed, King Coilovers...
IMG_0021.jpg

Curtis jumped into the rock garden on the second section. With plenty of ground clearance, and diesel putting some torque to the ground, he basically idled through the entire garden. Impressive to say the least.
IMG_0034.jpg

I felt very inadequate.
IMG_0036.jpg

After the second section we encountered some snow. We finished the third section, and then dropped down to a lower road to cut over to Hogsback. Even then we encountered some drifts, and got some snow wheeling in.
IMG_0044.jpg

Paul cruising up Hogsback.
IMG_0046.jpg

The back side was pretty snowed in. Just for fun I tried to get on top, and much to my surprise I was able to break trail in for a ways. I knew going through the trees with this much snow would take some serious time, so we skipped this section. It also didn't help Curtis' hubs wouldn't fit through the rocks.
IMG_0048.jpg

From Hogsback we made our way down Rocky Uphill.
IMG_0053.jpg

Beast's got flexx.
IMG_0064.jpg

Curtis was feeling confident so he idled through the Can Opener filter.
Up top the ledges were just too tall for a full bodied truck, so he backed down.
IMG_0067.jpg

Over to, Waterfall. My junk up top.
IMG_0072.jpg

The Beast taking it's turn. It's a completely different animal than a Jeep.
IMG_0078.jpg

Surprisingly, Curtis' extra wheelbase and width seemed to add some difficulty to the obstacle. He almost had it when he stuffed his passenger front tire and broke. Warn to the rescue. We were semi worried he'd pull the new winch post out of the ground due to The Beast's weight.
IMG_0080.jpg

Well there's your problem! Broke outer D60 stub shaft.
IMG_0084.jpg

Curtis simply unlocked the hub, and we all made our way back to camp for the day. Since this was only a day trip for me, I aired up, and parted ways while Curtis and Paul partied another night. Same time, same place next year, TardFest 2014!

thanks for the great pics I will try to get some that I have posted up.we had such an amazing turn out, it was kind of like 3 guys wheeling in the forrest,then 2 guys drinking beer at night.

HAHA, nice Curtis. Sometimes it's actually awesome to have such a small group. Looked like fun, and also nice to go out with some other rigs.

Back