• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker Long Block

idahoduk

NAXJA Forum User
I was wasting some time on Ebay and I came across an engine builder in Florida. They have a 4.7L long block stroker, just under 300HP and Torque with a 3 year warrenty for $2200. The company is Titan Engines. I was going to build one myself since Hesco wants so much for one with almost no warrenty at all. I'm waiting on an email about a military discount, maybe I'll get free shipping (did on my last 2 engines:). Has anyone heard of these guys or have any other suggestions?

idahoduk said:
I was wasting some time on Ebay and I came across an engine builder in Florida. They have a 4.7L long block stroker, just under 300HP and Torque with a 3 year warrenty for $2200. The company is Titan Engines. I was going to build one myself since Hesco wants so much for one with almost no warrenty at all. I'm waiting on an email about a military discount, maybe I'll get free shipping (did on my last 2 engines:). Has anyone heard of these guys or have any other suggestions?

i havent seen one of their engines in person, ive heard mixed results

if theyre advertising 300hp/300lbft id run away just because thats horse crap

a 4.7 isnt going to put out more than 250hp and up to 340ftlb....both with a lot of head work

This is straight out of the email:

Hello Jon, Our strokers develop 265 HP and 295 ft lbs of torque with 24 pound injectors, other mods will increase this.

I was wrong on the HP, not too far off though. Thre price and warrenty are great, but what about the motor?

Dude, search button is our friend. I think Titan has been talked about a good bit here, and a lot over on JU. Nobody has had anything bad to say about them, but not to many people have used them. If you live near them (which I see you don't) than I might take them up on there warranty offer, but it's almost usless if you take into account shipping which they won't pay for (and that's with you pulling/installing the motor). Golen knocked off $200 for me while I was in Iraq, but that didn't even cover shipping. If you are on a budget, bite the bullet and build one yourself.

Also, if your not putting out more than 250hp with a bone stock head on even a 4.6L at the fly, your either using a weak ass cam or something's not working right. My Golen 4.6L is rated at 260hp with only 9.1:1 comp, a bone stock head, normal bolt ons (62mm TB, header, intake, etc.), and an old style intake manifold. That has been verified by JP Mag. I've got a new style port matched intake manifold, Roller Rockers, adjustable CPS with pretty advanced timing, and a light P&P on the head bowls and runners. I'm pretty sure I'm putting down around 270hp to the flywheel. Even if I'm over estimating, I can assure you it's more than 250hp. Granted, I have a big old cam (.493 intake, .512 exh.), but still, 250 hp max for a 4.7L is a little underated. BTW, I just looked at the Golen site and it looks like they are using a slightly less aggressive cam now (.447 & .493), which should be better for low end torque, but maybe less peak HP.

Back