• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stay The Trail Ambassadors - Sharing the Etiquette

STT_Ambassadors

NAXJA Forum User
First, we want to thank you for supporting Stay The Trail.

We have had a few questions about the new Ambassador program, so this is a short explanation of what we do and why we care so much about it. Take a quick read, and we hope it strikes a cord with you. Online training sessions for new volunteers are Sept 13 or Sept 25. (hit the links to register).

Out on the trail, we all find ourselves giving a friendly wave to strangers. I often find myself smiling as I pass folks on the trail from behind a full face helment and goggles. You most likely do the same.

We don’t do this on our daily commute, so what makes the trail different?

For me, its simple. Any day on the trail is a day worth being excited about. This seems to be a common sentiment across the entire OHV community.

One of our goals is to use this sense of camaraderie as a gateway to quickly introduce fellow trail enthusiasts to Stay The Trail and encourage them to follow the common OHV etiquette. Our Ambassadors are prepared and equipped to effectively turn these friendly trail encounters into opportunities to share the importance of responsible OHV trail use. Even just the friendly offer of sticker, or a OHV Opportunity Map can be effective in planting the seed of interest and responsibility in their mind.

That is why our Ambassadors are sent packets containing all our different educational brochures, Stay The Trail stickers, and Colorado Parks and Wildlife OHV Grant info.

472360_312739238823573_130356373_o-1024x764.jpeg

Our Ambassadors aren’t teaching classes on the trail. They are out on the trail being good examples and friendly faces sharing information. The simplest reminder can serve to help others overcome the mental blocks that could lead trail users to behave poorly.

Our Ambassador’s ability to educate is a vital role that Colorado’s OHV trails need. Each interaction is going to be slightly different. Through the use of prompts (brochures, stickers, etc.), any 15 second exchange could become the tipping point that changes how your new friend treats our trails.

Handoff2-1024x552.jpg

We have a few Stewardship Runs planned for the upcoming weeks. Please come join us if you can. On-the-ground stewardship in areas that need it the most.

Specific details are on our Blog and Calendar.
Sept 16 - China Wall, Sept 22 - Geneva Basin, Sept 23 - Yankee Hill, Sept 29 - Lefthand Canyon, Sept 30 - Yankee Hill

Email [email protected] if you have questions.

Last edited:
Once I am back in a rig I plan on trying to get with you folks more to be able to participate/help where I can. Thanks for the help :thumbup:

Back