• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So who is at work today?

It was 73* at 4pm yesterday, but 6 pm it was in the mid 30s. Now I am sitting at home watching 2 inches of sleet fall! Its funny, the sleet looks fun, but then I walked out into it and about broke my neck! Stay safe if you are getting freezing rain and sleet like we are in N. AL....................no work today either.

Went to bed in the rain and the upper 40s - woke up to 3 inches of snow and the low 20s.

70* yesterday when I left work, 65* this morning and pouring rain.

Supposed to change to sleet and freezing rain this afternoon as the temps fall like a rock.

Is it spring yet?

Ugly roads today. Tracks in the snow and sleet.

Made it. Thank you Cherokee!

I headed into work at 0445 hrs and made it to moorsville ended up pulling 2 cars out of ditch. Went on towards 565 help a county dep pull a truck out and then headed on. Had to take the ditch to keep some jack wagon from hitting me at a intersection. Called my boss and headed back to the house.

I don't need my jeep totaled by some idiots

Went to bed in the rain and the upper 40s - woke up to 3 inches of snow and the low 20s.

yepper, and sucks cuz the xj is down so have to drive a fwd car. We had the fire truck start slipping on a small hill today, first time ever for that one.

Not a bad ride in until you get to LaVergne. People, get with the program!! I drive through 3 other towns before yours and even the smallest manages to get their roads decent. We are talking about a major road here.

Another rant: Dumbass people don't know how to drive...period! They drive around in their front wheel drive cars and 4x4 trucks like they are in a race or something. Hey, dumbass - stopping is the problem....prepare for it. Where is the courtesy of leaving an acceptable distance between cars to allow for this? Uggghhh!!

At least it's Friday and it's my 16th wedding anniversary. Yay, gonna be some good food tonight.

Not a bad ride in until you get to LaVergne. People, get with the program!! I drive through 3 other towns before yours and even the smallest manages to get their roads decent. We are talking about a major road here.

Another rant: Dumbass people don't know how to drive...period! They drive around in their front wheel drive cars and 4x4 trucks like they are in a race or something. Hey, dumbass - stopping is the problem....prepare for it. Where is the courtesy of leaving an acceptable distance between cars to allow for this? Uggghhh!!

At least it's Friday and it's my 16th wedding anniversary. Yay, gonna be some good food tonight.

No doubt and CONGRATS! :party: :clap:

I'm sick of snow. We have had back to back to back to back snow storms in Roanoke. My 94 XJ has just about had it, poor Jeep has been through hell and back. I had to use a propane heater to thaw the doors out this morning so I could get in and go to work. The old 4.0 is using 2 quarts a week. The front end sounds like its about to fall out from all the pot holes and ice chunks. I ripped the left motor mount out in storm two, drove it through storm 3 when I ripped the tranny mount out and HAD to fix it then. IM DONE WITH MOTHER NATURES BI-POLAR @$$! Its supposed to be 55* here tomorrow so things are looking up:D

Rant over LOL!

Yes I made it to work everyday during the storms so even though the XJ is wounded its still getting me there. Time for that new motor thats sitting on the engine stand in the garage.

60's-70's here this weekend. Two weeks ago it was snowing and cold as crap, now I have a sunburn.

I welcome the warmth though!

We were in the 80's over the weekend...and while I didn't work at my job we busted our butts in a big yard sale. I actually got a mild sunburn...first one of the year.

Of course I'm at work today. Mid 70's and overcast. Supposed to rain a good bit later this week.

We don't get days off unless our office burns down.

Or hurricanes move in?

Getting some serious rain this week. Makes it hard to prepare for kayak fishing tournament when the Water is stupid muddy and current is too strong. Bringing my survival pack just in case.

Or hurricanes move in?

Getting some serious rain this week. Makes it hard to prepare for kayak fishing tournament when the Water is stupid muddy and current is too strong. Bringing my survival pack just in case.

I'm the dispatcher for a crane company...we end up working more when there's a disaster...lots of 'stuff' to lift!

I'm the dispatcher for a crane company...we end up working more when there's a disaster...lots of 'stuff' to lift!

Yea if you ever need flatbeds down there remember I'm a broker. Of course you probably have more company's then you can shake a stick at trying to silicate freight out of Florida.

I used to live in LaVergne. Not surprising at all that the roads weren't clear. They'd rather spend the city's money on Senior Citizens' Centers and computerized ball field lights. I moved shortly after I witnessed city firefighters calmly tell a woman who was speaking against a doubling of property taxes, "Hope your house doesn't burn down <wink>."

Back