• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So, that last snow storm I got to try something new...

Fidget360

NAXJA Forum User
I got to experience a view of the world from the driver's seat of my upside down jeep. Yes, I rolled my heep. I'll post the pic when I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm completely fine. And the best part is that so is my jeep. :D the only damage is a broken swaybar link, a dent in the driver's door and one in the driver's front fender, my roof rack is bent a little, and the worst one: a cracked windshield. No big deal. Tow truck came and righted it and took it back to the house and it fired right up and smoked like a chimney.

I was actually thinking I need to talk to you about some parts for the double diaphragm brake booster conversion. It's a 91 and a very faded red.

I could use some mirrors if you have a set. And maybe a recommendation for who is relatively affordable for windshields in Chester county.

FYI, the later model mirrors will fit on the earlier XJ's as well. Bolt pattern is the same. Not sure if the electric mirrors will adapt up properly to the older wire harness, but if not you can always reach out the window and move the mirror glass by hand.

FYI, the later model mirrors will fit on the earlier XJ's as well. Bolt pattern is the same. Not sure if the electric mirrors will adapt up properly to the older wire harness, but if not you can always reach out the window and move the mirror glass by hand.

This...great upgrade. I think there's some writeups out there to adapt the power but the mirrors themselves are larger and actually fold. I just bolted mine on and move it by hand since I never had power to begin with.

I was thinking I would do this. But I tell you what, after the vines and stuff I've been driving thru on our farm have pulled them I. Every direction and they stayed on and snapped right back into place... well, it was a pretty good argument for the oe style. Still tho, fold away would remove a lot of the vine issue from the get go.

You can adapt the newer power mirrors wiring to your 91, but it's a pain. I did it on my old 88 XJ. Much easier to just adjust the glass by hand.

If Jordan's Jeep junk yard doesn't have any late model mirrors, I can see if I have a spare set left in my basement.

Sweet. I'll have swing by in the nearish future and get them. Does the windshield come out the same as the back windshield?

Here's the Pic I promised.
picture.php

That's me standing behind it, teeth chattering, because that was the only place near by where there was something to break the wind.

Back