• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

scangauge 2 question

srimes

NAXJA Forum User
I've used my scangauge for a couple of years now and it had been great. Clears codes and I'm sure I get better mpgs with it.

But I have a dumb question: how do I make it show current trip mpg on the gauges display? I saw where someone had it set up this way but don't know how :dunno:. I just go over to the trip menu, but it'd be nice to show along with the other gauge displays at the same time.

Pick an Xgauge number to use, then set the first two digits in the TXD screen to 00, (first 0 should be "average fuel economy", second 0 is "current trip". Press OK. On the RXF screen, enter 800000000000. 8 tells the unit that this is a trip gauge, all the 0s after the 8 are ignored. Press OK to set the RXF, and skip the rest of the fields (or clear them if you're reusing a previously programmed Xgauge) until you get to the naming screen. Enter a name, hit Save. That should do it.

If it doesn't, post up. I've got trip gauges programmed on mine, I'll double check the fields if that helps.

This is also detailed in one of the user manuals I downloaded off their website, if you don't have the documentation with it.

Back