• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

san jose meet & greet, pot luck, build party combo - Sat 1/28

pick a day for this fiasco, i mean shindig!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im lagging a little bit on this post... BUT:

Big thanks to Tim for letting us use your shop. I appreciate you taking the time to teach me a thing or two about working with a lathe and for drilling out those washers for me.

Although I didn't really end up getting anything done, I gained a good bit of knowledge regarding my steering issues and had a great time meeting new people/putting faces to screen names.

Hooper, how did the axle work out?

It was awesome of Tim and his wife to host, so thank you. It was also nice to meet some fellow naxja'ers. I look forward to bringing my rig to a future m&g.

thanks to all who came to the factory saturday. we had a great time.

note: i gave the_weirdo bad directions ...on purpose...so he is probably still driving around in circles looking for my place....:looser:

any suggestions or changes to consider for the next time I host a meet & greet (possibly in early march?) to make it better? party1:

note: i gave the_weirdo bad directions ...on purpose...so he is probably still driving around in circles looking for my place....:looser:

So, that explains why he didn't show up for the pizza and nachos....:D

any suggestions or changes to consider for the next time I host a meet & greet (possibly in early march?) to make it better? party1:

Personally i think it was great. Next time I will probably try to show up without any work needing done so I can help out with other projects.

Definitely a big thanks to Tim and Diane for being great hosts. Although, I didn't stay long since I didn't have anything to do to the new WJ (am I now uninvited to all future NAXJA events?). I did enjoy some munchies while I was there and met a couple of new people and checked out Tim's insane project, so it was definitely still worth stopping by.

thanks to all who came to the factory saturday. we had a great time.

I would disinvite Mr Ed from all future meet & greet's, he just sit's around drinking beer all day and never works on his junk. :gee:

I would disinvite Mr Ed from all future meet & greet's, he just sit's around drinking beer all day and never works on his junk. :gee:

no doubt!
at least you brought snacks & fruit drinks though, so you have a standing open invitation.
plus its really fun to talk about politics with you! :puke:

Thanks for hosting everything Tim. The fun factory is awesome :repair:. Tried to need some tools you wouldnt have but you seemed to have them. Was good to meet some more of the SC NAXJA people

Next time I wont skip any steps putting my locker back in causing me to take it back apart and replace broken paddles and springs when I get home :doh:

Some of what got done at Tim's place, other than consuming large quantities of food and beverages. With a very small amount of help from me (I supervised!) he put this...
001.jpg

...onto this.
003.jpg

Some of Tim's handy work. Looks a sh@# load better than if I had tried to flux-core it.
017.jpg

It looks like I'll have room to fit the steering too. The pipe is 1 1/4" od. About what I plan to use (not the pipe tho, pvc is sooo much lighter :gee: ).
015.jpg

And a couple of teaser photos:
My fancy new (not!) wheels.
013.jpg

Brake clearance I hope will not be an issue. I'll have to get the calipers to tell for sure tho. Steering doesn't seem to have clearance issues tho. I think I have enough clearance to clear either standard tre's or the offset type without hitting the lip of the wheel.
021.jpg

019.jpg

Back