• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ruffstuff Specialties

yossarian19

NAXJA Forum User
Gathering parts for a lift, I bought new 5/8" diameter U-bolts for my Chrysler 8.25 from Ruffstuff. I could have saved $20 by buying 1/2" diameter U-bolts from Rubicon Express but figured, hey, what the hell.
I made the right choice.
These U-bolts are actually impressive. I know it's just a U-bolt, but, damn. 5/8" grade 8. Double tall nuts, extra thick washers. Every threaded or machined surface was flawless. Bends fit my axle tube exactly. Things were well packed and arrived quickly - must have been in a box & on their way no more than 36 hours after I ordered.
Any time I have an excuse, I'll buy from Ruffstuff. Awesome product, great service, prices - in the middle, but inexpensive for the quality you get.
Now I need to find a spot to weld their logo to something...

Side ramble:
We identify epochs of time by the dominant material of that time. First we made stone tools, knapping flint and obsidian blades and grinding holes into boulders in which we could process grain.
Then there was metallurgy and the Bronze age. With better tools came more free time, and writing was invented. Civilization as we know it had its start.
And Iron came. Tools were improved yet more. Steel was discovered and it changed everything. The sheer majesty of it - from a better sword, to the keys of the Gutenburg press, to the beams that reinforce concrete and let us build skyscrapers.
The majesty of steel.
That's what I thought of when I looked, just now, at the U-bolts sitting in my garage.

I should probably switch to decaf.

lol I know, right? I have to laugh at myself when I read half the crap I type...

Side ramble:
We identify epochs of time by the dominant material of that time. First we made stone tools, knapping flint and obsidian blades and grinding holes into boulders in which we could process grain.
Then there was metallurgy and the Bronze age. With better tools came more free time, and writing was invented. Civilization as we know it had its start.
And Iron came. Tools were improved yet more. Steel was discovered and it changed everything. The sheer majesty of it - from a better sword, to the keys of the Gutenburg press, to the beams that reinforce concrete and let us build skyscrapers.
The majesty of steel.
That's what I thought of when I looked, just now, at the U-bolts sitting in my garage.

I should probably switch to decaf.

You need to lay off the purp? :D

I just got ubolts and spring plates from them today for my d44 swap and had the same thought. Beefy. A little more expensive but I am pretty happy.

Back