• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocky Mountain Chapter: Colorado

NAXJA: Rocky Mountain Chapter

• Yes

Votes: 34 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • There is already a chapter that covers that

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
JohnJohn said:
You guys have been know to lie about measurements before. :moon: :clap:

Easy there Fluffyface, or I'll be forced to out you to your constituants...........you can name it the "We think our mtns, snow and rocks are better than everyones" Chapter for all I care, just do it already!!
:smootch:

Just another name idea....Mountain States Chapter.

Before anyone goes off calling a run after the meeting a sanctioned run, let me remind you that there is no Chapter and won't be until the incorporation papers are filed. Also remember if you call it a sanctioned run, before we get insurance in effect, everyone on the run could be held liable for an accident.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but there are plusses and minuses of a club/chapter. The plus is we are going to have some good times, one of negative aspects is that we have to start thinking about the legal aspects. Not to protect NAXJA only but to protect ourselves. Personally I have a lot I don't want to lose. Once a decisioin to form a chapter has been made and approved I can have the incorporation paperwork done and filed within a week or so. Next comes insurance. I am looking into it as we speak. It seems that we will need to have another Chapter fee above and beyond the national fee in order to cover the costs. I need to check with a few people on the best way to handle this.

old_man said:
Just another name idea....Mountain States Chapter.

Before anyone goes off calling a run after the meeting a sanctioned run, let me remind you that there is no Chapter and won't be until the incorporation papers are filed. Also remember if you call it a sanctioned run, before we get insurance in effect, everyone on the run could be held liable for an accident.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but there are plusses and minuses of a club/chapter. The plus is we are going to have some good times, one of negative aspects is that we have to start thinking about the legal aspects. Not to protect NAXJA only but to protect ourselves. Personally I have a lot I don't want to lose. Once a decisioin to form a chapter has been made and approved I can have the incorporation paperwork done and filed within a week or so. Next comes insurance. I am looking into it as we speak. It seems that we will need to have another Chapter fee above and beyond the national fee in order to cover the costs. I need to check with a few people on the best way to handle this.

Tom, I beleive our potential Chapter 's legal issues are handled through NAXJA. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I am totally with you on a run after the "potential Chapter" meeting being a NON NAXJA event. If that run every happens, that is still up in the air. "That's a rock garden we can crawl over when we get to it." :D

That's the whole idea of being a chapter, that wheeling trips are covered by the NAXJA insurance, or so I thought. In the old days, we were told that a BOD member had to be along for it to be an official trip, but I doubt that is true.

Fred

I think I like the Mile High Chapter. party1:

We need to be careful on the insurance thing. If we incorporate as a non-profit, we need to basicly a subsidiary corp of NAXJA for the liability thing to work unless there is something especially written into the insurance contract. Even as a subsidiary, we would probably need a written waiver from the insurance company to make sure. I would like to be sure on this.

I'm not trying to be a pain, just cover all the bases. I would hate to start something up and everyone have the best of intentions, then all of us get hurt by an accident we thought we were covered for. Heck, I personally carry a $5 million personal liability policy just for potential problems.

WOW I don't get on here much but how did I miss this whole setup. Rock on This has my support.

JohnJohn said:
You guys have been know to lie about measurements before. :moon: :clap:
Hey johnjohn;
Speaking of measurements.....what was that you were so proudly pointing at this morning? (Not the bird you flew my way) but the "other" thing? New Samuri? So...uhhh, which one are you gonna drive to the M&G?
:moon:

crjeeper said:
Hey johnjohn;
Speaking of measurements.....what was that you were so proudly pointing at this morning? (Not the bird you flew my way) but the "other" thing? New Samuri? So...uhhh, which one are you gonna drive to the M&G?
:moon:

I'm sure you have seen that gesture before. Probably on your two wheeled street rod. :finger: <-- Where is the little green finger guy on this forum anyway?

As for bashing my wife’s new TJ...all that smack from a guy whose wife made him sell his built CJ. sad...very sad. :D I'm just glad my bride knows what a TJ Rubicon is and even wanted one. :smootch:

Samuri...HA :D

Nay said:
XJEEPER said:
Actually, besides memories of the Olympics, I don't think anybody knows that Utah has mountains. Lest you forget, just about the last thing Utah is known for is mountains :helpme: or skiing :eyes: .

On the bright side, that is why the purists love Utah (generally more snow than Colorado and fewer crowds).

Nay
way to redeem yourself there! And generally?!? The resort I used to work at gets an average of 500" per year, while Vail gets an annual average of 300"

I actually like the "Mile High Chapter," sounds abit better than our Intermountain, oopppsss don't tell my Chapter I said that :anon:

JohnJohn said:
I'm sure you have seen that gesture before. Probably on your two wheeled street rod. :finger: <-- Where is the little green finger guy on this forum anyway?
As for bashing my wife’s new TJ...all that smack from a guy whose wife made him sell his built CJ. sad...very sad.
Samuri...HA :D

Hmmmmm. Nope, never seen that finger on my cycle. Although anything is hard to see in those tiny rear views...ntm at passing speed
As for the CJ...... :tear: . "I wanted to sell it" errr(dude, the wife reads this stuff come on :shhh: )
Seriously, nice ride. Before I realized it was your wife, I moved over to let the ride pass so's I could get a better look(at the ride). looks like Jeep finally listened.

crjeeper said:
Hmmmmm. Nope, never seen that finger on my cycle. Although anything is hard to see in those tiny rear views...ntm at passing speed
As for the CJ...... :tear: . "I wanted to sell it" errr(dude, the wife reads this stuff come on :shhh: )
Seriously, nice ride. Before I realized it was your wife, I moved over to let the ride pass so's I could get a better look(at the ride). looks like Jeep finally listened.

:D too funny. I'm trying to talk her :kissyou: into letting me drive it today.

Back