• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renting in north denver.

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
Any suggestions. Any places where people don't think their one bedroom 1960's house is worth 1700 a month? I don't want an apartment or to share with anyone. But seems like unless the budget is over 2k a month there is just crack houses. Wtf.

Rental market in CO is crazy (as are home values in general).

I don't think you'll find what you are looking for, from what I've seen.

Rental market in CO is crazy (as are home values in general).

I don't think you'll find what you are looking for, from what I've seen.

lol...1700 a month you can buy a house up here in the mountains for less than that per month...This house was built new in 1997 for about $160k it was good deal ,but there are many homes here up for sale going for about 130k-170k that make denver homes look like crack houses , and the monthly mortgage is cheaper than the rent on those shit holes that you are paying to never even own .

lol...1700 a month you can buy a house up here in the mountains for less than that per month...This house was built new in 1997 for about $160k it was good deal ,but there are many homes here up for sale going for about 130k-170k that make denver homes look like crack houses , and the monthly mortgage is cheaper than the rent on those shit holes that you are paying to never even own .

Good point! Unfortunately buying isn't always an option for people.

Plus living in the mountains isn't for everyone, either..

I want one more year before I buy. Credit is close to where I want it. But I want to get better first.

My friend has a 5 bed 3 bath house in Vegas built in 2004 for 1100/ a month. That's bought not rented. Prices are retarded here.

Good point! Unfortunately buying isn't always an option for people.

Plus living in the mountains isn't for everyone, either..

It's not eaxctly like living in a remote wilderness in Alaska it's only 40-45 minutes from denver .Most folks that I've seen move up here and sell in a year or less is due to them hating the daily 1.5-2hr cummute and during Winter the county roads are not plowed constantly during snowfall ,so those 2wd cars with all seasons ...possibly almost bald...do not cut it I've had bald-ish tires on my old ZJ and it never got stuck on these back county roads ,but the Dodge is not a an old school Jeep and needs sweet tires ,which is why i have a set new BFGs on it and I just drive by the folks stuck on the hills ,and if it's real bad I have Two sets of chains that only take about 5 minutes per axle to install ,but really a Two wheel car with good tires and set of chains for the real bad snow would do fine ,but the city folk that move up here can't even change their own oil ,so snow chains are out of the question...lol

My friend has a 5 bed 3 bath house in Vegas built in 2004 for 1100/ a month. That's bought not rented. Prices are retarded here.

When did he buy it?

I own a house out there, and the value has increased 80% in 3 1/2 years...

Last edited:
She bought less than a year ago. In south east area. (Eastern and don't remember big cross road)

She bought less than a year ago. In south east area. (Eastern and don't remember big cross road)

I didn't mean to get you off topic, I just love real estate.

Have you checked in Aurora? I have a house down there I rent, $1450 a month (it could prolly be more but I haven't raised it since I've had the same tenants in it for 3+ years).

1300 finished square feet, full unfinished basement, 2 car garage, 1/3 acre (corner lot)

Pretty nice house down the road from me is renting for 1600/mo

Milliken/Johnstown? Mead? Ft Lupton?

I am trying with the life of me to stay east of, or close to, 25. And closer to denver rather than further. I'm trying to split the difference of commitments. Some are in downtown denver and others are in ft lupton area.
I think for price difference in going to end up in an apartment for one more year, save the extra coin toward the house purchase next year.
Bah friggen humbug.

Just make sure you get into the house before interest rates start going back up, unfortunately though its too late to beat the market rise. My house went up 65K from when I bought it 6yrs ago according to the appraisal I just got.

Back