• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix CPS no spark issue

BrokeDownXj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having some trouble getting my 1990 jeep Cherokee to run. I'm swapping the engine (and more) from a 1988 Cherokee that I've had running and driving for a while, into a 1990 Cherokee. It has a 95 junkyard 4.0L, ax15, 4x4. I've got everything installed and I'm getting no spark. Before putting the engine in I installed a new CPS while it was easy. From what I've read online it looks like I should get 0.5 volts AC across the CPS while cranking, but I'm getting 0.2V. I tried putting on the CPS it was running before in the other xj with no issues, and I got 0.1V. Both show ~200 ohms. My question is whether there is something that could cause the low reading outside of the CPS? I have a new flywheel (swapped from auto), could it be that the flywheel is wrong? Or did I just get a bad sensor and the old one decided to die exactly when I pulled it out? I need this thing running in the next few days but its starting to look less likely. Thanks.

Well Damn, Should have thought of that. Looking into it turns out the flywheel which i thought was off a 90 was off a 91, So Ive got to pull the engine again. Thanks for the help.

Back