• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red Jeeps reincarnation

fun things X2: Had to wait a couple months due to them being on national backorder but it was definitely worth it. 37x12.517 mtr's mounted on h2's that I picked up a couple weeks before for a steal. Still need a spare in case anyone has an extra rim sitting around (Bobby!?!) Started welding up the traction bar but waiting to finish it up because I want to mess with the rear suspension a little more, also threw together some bumpstops and trimmed a little more since i was rubbing with the 37s. Did some trips to nh and even went to the girlfriends house in vt and up to burlington without any issues at all. Finally can go around 75 without going over 3k RPM with the mtrs so we'll see how the 44 holds up over the summer.

ALSO, finally picked up a CB radio from my buddy who's shop I've been doing most of the work in lately, and his head unit, and his old hi lift jack (actual hi lift no knock off bs) for $40, and his Lincoln 180 mig with a cart, clamps, tank, ect all for $750, picking it up this weekend. ****ING FINALLY CAN WELD AT MY HOUSE AND NOT HAVE IT LOOK LIKE SHIT!!! :party:

now I just need a tube bender...

still meh, but getting there.

welded a nut inside to bolt hockey pucks to, probably would have helped if I had a bolt with the correct threading....ill stop being lazy eventually. Just need to raise the lower shock mount an inch or so or clearence the fenders more, cant decide which yet considering I want to stretch the rear a little bit. :wow:

It was disassembled and lubed up recently, so I gave it a quick re spray earlier today.

aaaaand how she sits now, got a saggy butt going on but hopefully should be ordering some RE 3.5" leaf packs and some longer shackles since i've only got .75" lift shackles currently, really wanted to go with deavers but think they might be out of the budget for the time being.

comparison shot to show the width difference, and had the cousins in the same driveway for the first time in a while a couple weeks back. The yellow ram is owned by my buddy Brian who drove me down to LI to pick up adams axles, and has the shop where ive been banging shit out. big plans for that thing in the future.

Last edited:
also front locker wont engage, tried playing around with the cable and lever but no good, gonna pop the cover at some point soon and see if I can figure it out

also front locker wont engage, tried playing around with the cable and lever but no good, gonna pop the cover at some point soon and see if I can figure it out

Is the lever not engaging too? or just the locker? I wouldn't be surprised if that cable is ****ed being put on and off three different jeeps in such a short amount of time.

Jeep looks great man. I wouldn't go with RE for the leafs, they are complete junk. Grab a set from Clayton.

Is the lever not engaging too? or just the locker? I wouldn't be surprised if that cable is ****ed being put on and off three different jeeps in such a short amount of time.

Jeep looks great man. I wouldn't go with RE for the leafs, they are complete junk. Grab a coil conversion from Clayton.
Fixed!

Hey Colin nice rig man it sure has come a long way...hope to see you at rocktoberfest next year...was on the trail with you when your brake line blew on your rig. Looks good with the 37 too. I have a set of Clayton 4.5 leafs one is good. One the main leaf broke but can be rebuilt. If your interested shoot me an offer I would like them out of my basement.

I sold the h2s already but I've got a couple 3rd gen ram 17" 8 lug chrome steelies that would work for a spare

I'd definitely be down to grab one of those from you, how much $$?

Jeep looks great man. I wouldn't go with RE for the leafs, they are complete junk. Grab a set from Clayton.

The lever works but no matter how much I mess with adjusting it I cant get it to engage. Tried pulling/pushing the cable without the lever screwed on and it wasn't moving much without the cable wanting to bend. I'll pull it off and lube it up and see whats going on inside the cover and report back. 75w-90 is fine right?

I was looking at claytons leafs, but wanted to go with a 3.5" pack considering I want a bit bigger of a shackle and have the relocation boxes. Want to keep it sitting around 4.5" but I'm not sure if I'd need to bump up to 5.5 coils in the front to compensate. Might do it anyway so I can mount the front shocks properly but still cant decide.

Definitely in the plans eventually. Really want to stretch the rear more but I'll probably wait till I link it so the motivations there, but I can live with leafs until I get some more important stuff crossed off the list.

Hey Colin nice rig man it sure has come a long way...hope to see you at rocktoberfest next year...was on the trail with you when your brake line blew on your rig. Looks good with the 37 too. I have a set of Clayton 4.5 leafs one is good. One the main leaf broke but can be rebuilt. If your interested shoot me an offer I would like them out of my basement.

Thanks man! That was a awesome day, might have been short lived due to the break line but glad we got to wheel for the first half of the trail! I'll definitely keep that in mind and let you know what direction I end up going with the leafs. Deavers have been in my sights for a while too but we'll see if I hit the lottery, thanks for the heads up

Back