• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

recomendations: snow, rain, all around tire

Hey go ahead and clown me, I wanted to get a set of Firestone Destination AT's on the XJ I bought for my wife, like I have on my XJ, but couldn;t afford them right now. So since she only drives around town and too school and work which is close, I went to wal-mart and got a set of "Goodyear Wrangler Radial's" They are the old school tires that have the tread that looks like puzzle pieces. I think they used to come on the Explorers a while back. So far I'm pretty impressed, I thought they were gonna be crap, but they are not! They drive very nice and quite, very stable and smooth on dry roads. Very good in rain, and damn good in the snow we just had. I got them 400$ out the door mount balance, warranty, roadside, etc etc The only prob I have had is a little shimmy at 60 to 65mph. I will have to see how they wear.

Yea i am shopping for tires too it's so hard to get a read on them because everyone has a different terrain and driving style. One person loves THIS, other person says it sucks. I think the OP is looking for what I am, and many others: I tire that is fine being an on road DD but handles admirably and safely in snow and ice. Summertime off-road and mud not huge factors. Price not as important as quality/performance. Revo? Anybody rockin the GY Duratrac in the snow n ice? I have had the Big O's for a few years, just OK in tahoe, ready for a change.

Back