• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear shocks and spare tire......

R.DesJardin

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to figure out how to run longer rear shocks without holes in the floor but that can't be done so then best way to mount them and not have dust pouring in. Then the spare, I wanted it next to the fender well but with shock mount that puts it inboard too far. Crap!!! Suggestion, options, pics.

I keep my 37 in the back between my shock hoops. Tools and recovery gear get strapped down on the platform I built behind the front seats. Back seat was deleted a long time ago.
28039C8B-8A17-4B25-8F0E-B96465044ABC.jpg

FA0B13DB-2A82-464D-85E3-7A9DB76F8EBB.jpg

F83245AD-53C4-4A00-B01D-0A378439CF7A.jpg

BleepinJeep did this to his scorpion build. Rear was dovetailed. That's why the shocks go through the wheel wells.

attachment.php

Torx; your XJ rocks!

Take a trip to Home Depot, depending on your shock body size you should be able to make a Fernco adapter, or pipe boot for roofing work with a little creativity.

I say notch the hatch and hang the spare out the back Jeep Speed style. :greensmok
P1040784.jpg

Torx,
That would be cool, but in the winter it might be breezy. The So-Cal guys do have the cool setups.

Take a trip to Home Depot, depending on your shock body size you should be able to make a Fernco adapter, or pipe boot for roofing work with a little creativity.

I say notch the hatch and hang the spare out the back Jeep Speed style. :greensmok
P1040784.jpg

I have a plan, so I'll have to see if it works out. No boots required as of now. :D

I have two universal shift boots your more then welcome to

Back