• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Random racing quotes

Original_MudButt

NAXJA Forum User
I put the best ones at the end…

The winner ain’t the one with the fastest car, it’s the one who refuses to lose. – Dale Earnhardt

You win some, you lose some, you wreck some. – Dale Ernhardt Sr.

Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines. – Enzo Ferrari

When you win a race you’re on top that day, so take it for what its worth, have a good time and party, cause the next day when you get out of bed, the meter goes back to zero again. – Bobby Allison

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. – Mark Donohue

Why worry about death, it’ll come sooner or later. – Jim Dunn

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson

Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built. – Henry Ford

As far as cheating goes, they’ll never stop it. It can be done successfully, but only one person can know about it. – Smokey Yunick

It’s like flying jet fighters in a gymnasium – Dick Trickle

You can tell that you’re in trouble when you feel the air on the back of your neck instead of in your face. – Buddy Baker

We worked 80 hour weeks for 30 years to keep from having to get a real job. – Tom Lemon

Auto racing is boring except when a car is going at least 172 miles per hour upside down. – Dave Barry

There are seven winners of the Monaco Grand Prix on the starting line today, and four of them are Michael Schumacher. – Murray Walker

When I raced a car last, it was at a time when sex was safe and racing was dangerous. Now, it’s the other way round. – Hans Stuck

I love this kind of racing, but these guys sure change their personalities in race mode. They’re like Doberman Pinschers with a hand grenade in their mouths. – Road racer Boris Said

The crashes people remember, but drivers remember the near misses. – Mario Andretti

Winning is everything. The only ones who remember you when you come in second are your wife and your dog. – Damon Hill

If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

I got hit in the head pretty hard. My clock ran backwards for two years. – Buddy Baker

He ran out of talent about halfway through the corner. – Buddy Baker

When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very big ones. – Cristiano Da Matta

And the absolute best quote:
After the third flip, I lost control………… – Don Roberts

Back