• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question on front uniframe stiffener

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I need pictures of how you guys plated the side AND bottom of the front uniframe. Mainly the corner and how it comes together. I'm in the process of cutting out a side template plate from 3/16 and want to plate the bottom also especially where the track bar is.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1038278

Pics of mine start around page 24 or 25. I simply made templates of the side and bottom and cut them out of flat plate. Tack the side on and then the bottom, trimming the outside edge so they met at a nice 90* corner for an outside corner weld. I've done multiple jeeps that why on 1tons with a TB mount welded right to it, all holding up fine

Bought Iron Rock Offroads pre cut and bent 3/16 on a coupon code about a month ago. Check them out and see if they're still offering it. Saves a good bit of time getting the plates cut out

The problem with the ones available is that they only plate the side, which in my opinion is useless. You need to reinforce the rail in multiple planes to really strengthen it up. I've watch side plates alone bend with the framerail from hitting a tree, bumper held fine and the plating cruppled right behind it

Last edited:
not sure what you meant, but I'll be adding additional plating to the inside where I will tie in my steering gear mount, bolt through to bumper mounts on the outside, and reinforce the gear itself to the pass side. def not stopping with their plates

I got what he meant, just plating one side doesn't do much with stiffening the front uniframe. That's why I'm trying to get pics of how others have done the corner. If I should make a complete template that includes the bottom and just bend it to fit or make two separate pieces be weld them to the corner. And if I make two pieces, should i completely box the corner or leave a bit of the corner showing?

IRO offroad stiffeners cover the outside face and the bottom of framerail. I'll plate the inside as well. I'm planning to box the corner as well

IRO offroad stiffeners cover the outside face and the bottom of framerail. I'll plate the inside as well. I'm planning to box the corner as well

They only plate a small section behind the coil. I'm talking all the way to the front of the frame horn, that's where it really needs it. There's no way to make a single piece to do the whole side and bottom, to many changes and bends in the framerail. You make a side and bottom piece and corner weld them together.

Here's a good pic of another set I built, you can see how I fully plated the two planes and tied them together. This was a mid-welding pic, its completely welded all around and at the corner. And of course I signed my work too ;)

29blmhg.jpg

Back