• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Barbie Jeep....yes, it is the YJ..

XJ&CHZ4ME

NAXJA Forum User
this is what it looked like a few weeks back when I picked it up from John....

2310334680049957266S500x500Q85.jpg

and here it is as of last night..a grand total of $878 so far......still needs exhaust patched up and the fuel leak fixed...not necessarily in that order either :D :flame: A little compound and some wax really brought this ol' girl back to life...and some old street signs make great floor patches!! JR donated his old rocker covers to me, so a little shiney black rattle can and it is lookin good. Also installed the CD player that I got from Sean at WF for the bottle of Jack! :cheers: Wifey is pleased with this one for once.....

still needs a few swaybar bushings and a little patch work on the frame, but it gets around the farm just fine for now.

downsize1.jpg

Last edited:
you sure polished that turd :cheers:

yes sir....it was a true polishing that made it shine...and it does not even smell like a turd any longer....well, as much at least!

I love the name! Lookin good.

when it was loaded up and leaving Johns house, Sean decided he needed to write "barbie" on the side in the oxidized paint...so it was born there :D

Wifey likes it and even has her pink John Deere bumper sticker for it :rolleyes:

I bought it for her to beat around the farm in, so I would say it should work fine for that and it is a hell of a lot cheaper then a used 4 wheeler too!

looks good Tyler...
when you shine my Jeep!?
:D

BOB

btw, I had to bbq a couple of steaks for Rich and his friend to move that 8.8 from my truck to the jack stands in my garage. What did you do, fill it with cement ? :laugh3:

It does need a lift, but I am a bit broke as of late...hence why I am polishing up this ol' beater! I think my last lift for my YJ broke, can I get one a warranty claim on one? :D

BOB, I filled it with plutonium...be very very carefule with that 8.8.... :explosion:

Dan, those are nicely painted rust covers/rocker covers..gotta help at least 2-3 mph in the grand scheme of things...might add some horsepower stickers to it also!! :thumbup:

Looks damn good for a $900 wrangler. Sure beats the pink paint that was on it before!

Looking good, Tyler!

Cindy saw that pic last night and said maybe we shoulda kept it :confused1

But I really had no desire to mess with it, glad you're taking care of it. Fix that frame and it should be good for a while.

worked on the fuel leak this evening. Got one fixed, but the return line has a cut in it. Gonna get a new piece for it tomorrow and then after the fuel leaks are taken care of the welding of the frame and exhaust will begin. Jeremy and I loaded out 2 semis of corn and we are sore as hell, so progress was slow tonight....and may be the same for the next few days since we have 2 more loads of corn and a load of beans to haul to the river by Thursday evening.

Looks great Tyler, I can't believe you brought that paint back to life. Kudos to you my friend. I need to come down and check it out in person sometime...maybe go to a buffet with you guys or something :D

Barbie Jeep is getting it new floor boards this weekend and a new exhaust. It is getting nicer by the day :D

Back