• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Possible 2021 NWfest.

MJmanche

NAXJA Forum User
Last year nothing happened really. Been thinking of a NWfest possibly this coming summer. Possibly Naches or Cline butte possibly. What is everyone elses take in this idea?

I would really love to get back to the Naches area.
DSCN3600.jpg

DSCN3561.jpg

Yes! Was thinking the same! I am in for naches. I would say June works, or even possibly July. Not to be selfish, just have a wedding to attend in June LOL.

I think a Naches trip would be doable, but not a Naches NWfest.

There isn't enough time to properly set it up and get enough interest for it to work as the big event.
Personally I think Nwfest needs be held somewhere that we can bring in larger numbers.

Did something change at naches? We used to have a pretty large group in the big field. Granted its been a minute or two. We have 2 months. What do you think would need to come together to make it successful?

We definitely aren't what we were, I would be surprised if we could get a half dozen rigs to make the drive, especially with somewhat short notice.

NW fest needs to generate enough income to cover its own costs and put something in the treasury, Naches is awesome but may not be able to generate enough funds to be viable as our big event.

Last edited:
I don't recall ever charging for it. If we need to raise money for the NWC, I have ideas.

If we need to put it into July, that's an option. If not naches, then where? I know in the past a lot of people liked the destination.

I think if we set it up and put it out there, people will show. Especially this summer.. People are dying to get the F-out of the house.

We could have NW Vacination Fest!

Our chapter doesn't charge for it, our funding is typically generated by the raffle, we can actually lose money if we don't get enough raffle participation.
The raffle itself can take a lot of time to put together between asking for/receiving donations and coordinating with national, there's a bit of behind the scenes work that goes into setting up a NWfest.

We need something closer to the member base that can bring in more people, we have a lot of rebuilding to do if we want to get back to packing long meadow.

Keep in mind that my assumptions are coming from an ex chapter president.

At this point we would need to really discuss the future direction of this chapter and work our way to NW fest, currently we are a very small group and have little presence in the local offroad community.

As for NW fest, back during my term we were talking about moving NWfest to try to get a bigger turn out, and making Naches a yearly regular run for a while.
Problem is coming up with a good location that will bring in new faces without just resorting to TSF, right now I think TSF would bring a lot more people but I don't know that it's special enough for NWFest since it's so familiar to people.

Both sides bring valid points on the subject

I too miss Naches. And that being said I think we have more years behind us than ahead. I know (roughly) what’s in “the bank” and I have thought how we could “end the line” with said money. My ideas were to Donate? Or perhaps throw one last big horrah. I know donations are not what they used to be. Maybe a late summer NWfest with an epic raffle paid for by the current funds and then donate the proceeds and call it quits?

But then again. The rules changed for exchanging money on that land. So now raffles are tricky

Regardless. If we aren’t at the end of the road. I’d be glad to see someone pick up the throne and give it new life. :wave:

When it comes to turn out, communication and location go hand in hand. I wheel TSF all the time, which makes Naches special, some up north feel the opposite.

If we don't have the funds or a timeline on a successful NWfest come June, then make it August and lets put some action in place to get there.

My mom used to say.. you can wish in one hand and Sh*t in the other.. which one gets filled first.. well I don't like Sh*t in my hand, so I prefer to make things happen rather than wish.

We have to start somewhere. Activity brings more activity.

When you guys say "Northwest Fest," what does that mean to you? Can any run be called, Northwest Fest?

NWF is suppose to be our chapter event for our own members. It's what we make of it. In 2018 we chose to have our official chapter run in Moab, in combination with the national event. It was epic, and we had a bunch of NWC members make the trek down for it.

Personally, I think we need to accept reality and plan a small run somewhere for an extended weekend. Members only, maybe a potluck, and a small raffle.

I vote Naches. ;)

When you guys say "Northwest Fest," what does that mean to you? Can any run be called, Northwest Fest?

NWF is suppose to be our chapter event for our own members. It's what we make of it. In 2018 we chose to have our official chapter run in Moab, in combination with the national event. It was epic, and we had a bunch of NWC members make the trek down for it.

Personally, I think we need to accept reality and plan a small run somewhere for an extended weekend. Members only, maybe a potluck, and a small raffle.

I vote Naches. ;)

A trip like this would be absolutely amazing, doesnt need to be called NWfest, just a solid weekend of wheeling would satisfy myself

I like it. I don't think it should be members only. We have never limited it like that.

I don't think we need to overcomplicate it either. As in the past, I think if we just do things.. Things will happen.

Seeing the turn out for the begginers bash, it seems like even as small of a group as we were a trip to Naches or similar would be worth it.

We may not call it NWfest or we can up to everyone. But i think finding some dates to go out wheeling seems like a decent plan.

Back