• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Planning a trip to Oregon - help needed

Jeep450r

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I just posted this in the Northwest Chapter (as well as Facebook) but figured many of you here might have good ideas as well.

So my girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Oregon in late May/early June and need some help finding cool places to go. We will be starting in Sacramento, CA and will be heading up to the Bend, Oregon area via either I-5 or route 31. From Bend, we wish to make our way over to the Eugene area and then to the coast (Coos Bay/Tenmile Lake) and down 101 back into California.

We are looking for the 'must go' camping spots or day use areas along the way. Primitive/undeveloped/free camping is a huge plus, but popular campgrounds are cool too! We will be driving either a Civic or a full size pickup. Dirt roads are welcome but let's keep them mild. Areas with good fishing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, and hiking are a huge plus as well.

Any reccomendations?

Thanks in advance!

Crater lake for sure!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

camp at my shack.
if you need a place to crash for a night & a warm shower your welcome to stay here in cottage grove, 20 miles south of eugene.

Silver Falls State Park. About 20 miles east of I-5. The hiking trail is about 3.5, 4 miles through a glen and you will pass by or under seven or more waterfalls. Pretty cool very easy hike.

If you make it all the way to Astoria where The Goonies was filmed there is a nice Maritime Museum. This was also were the Louis & Clark Expedition wintered over in 1804(?). Just across the Columbia River from Astoria is Cape Disappointment. You can climb the bluffs overlooking the breaking bar. This is where Coast Guard boat crews train in the boats that can capsize and then right themselves. Pretty cool to watch as the crews enter the surf zone.

Have Fun.

Back