• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pics of Saturday on Kane Creek?

JeepXJ92

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for pics from saturdays ride thru Kane Creek.
Anybody?
It kinda sux driving because you never get pics of you'r own rig!

Thanks!

XJScott
Silver 92 XJ

I don't have them up yet. Helen did take a bunch, she probably got you at least a couple of times!

I should have them up this weekend and I'll post back here with a link...

bburge
(93 white, with the tire plugs that came out... On that trail, you might miss me, but you'ld never get around me! :) )

This is all I have from that day...

I didn't take many photos because you guys and gals deserved my undivided attention.

I had a really great time on Kane Creek! I enjoy nothing more in this hobby than to see people with near stock vehicles get out on a trail where they think they might have got in over their heads and rise to the challange. I'm guessing about half of you pushed beyond what you thought to be the capabilities of your vehicles and found that careful line choice can make up for lousy gearing, open diffs and smallish tires. Don't forget this lesson! Many people mod their Jeeps without having any idea of how the mods are improving the performance. 'Wheel it, get stuck a few times, then figure out what needs improvement. Most of the time it is just a matter of picking a better line. I got no better high that week than watching the change as you nervously pulled up to those ledges after the creek crossing, figured out a line with or without a little coaching, then drove it! That is known as "fully gettin it", in case you wondered what that saying meant. :)

I have found the most valuable thing about these NAXJA events isn't seeing what people are doing to their Cherokees, it is seeing what they do with their Cherokees. There are some really good drivers in this club that I have learned a lot from. Mil, Richard and Jeff are the ones that come to mind, although there are a bunch of other drivers that are in their league. My way of showing appreciation for what they have taught me is by passing those lessons on to my fellow NAXJA members. Just be glad that I don't unstack rocks like Richard has been known to do ! :D

Off the soapbox and on to my meager photo offerings from that day:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

A bonus scenery shot on the way to the staging area that morning: :)
standard.jpg

Already looking forward to next year!

Bonus Shot

That bonus shot is on my desk top. Great shot!! Thanks!

HandleBars,
Thanks for the good words man!
That was a pretty hairy hill for beginners! You'r words of encouragement helped out bigtime!
You let us know the winch cable WAS there and it did look inviting (especially after the 4th time trying!) but with you spotting us, NOONE used it! Heck, you could have probably got us "near stockers" thru pritchett!
One of these days, it will be my turn and I hope i do as good as you did!

Thanks again and looking forward to the next ride!

bburge said:
I don't have them up yet. Helen did take a bunch, she probably got you at least a couple of times!

I should have them up this weekend and I'll post back here with a link...

bburge
(93 white, with the tire plugs that came out... On that trail, you might miss me, but you'ld never get around me! :) )

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for them!

JeepXJ92 said:
HandleBars,
Thanks for the good words man!
That was a pretty hairy hill for beginners! You'r words of encouragement helped out bigtime!
You let us know the winch cable WAS there and it did look inviting (especially after the 4th time trying!) but with you spotting us, NOONE used it! Heck, you could have probably got us "near stockers" thru pritchett!
One of these days, it will be my turn and I hope i do as good as you did!

Thanks again and looking forward to the next ride!
DITTOS!
I learned that my XJ is MUCH more capable than I am, and that most of the "improvements" in the near future need to come behind the wheel. I certainly got more confident as a driver in the short two days I got to wheel with Handlebars, and learned alot.
Thanks again Alex, for the spots and the lessons! I also hope I can pass it on some day.

There are some pics of the road in to the Kane creek trail and of a bunch of people standing around an overheated XJ in my pic posting. I dont know if you are in any of them though. It is not very glamorus to have your XJ featured in the "lets everyone gather 'round and help this guy" pictures. :anon:

By the way thank you to everyone who helped me get back to town with out cooking my motor. Only at a NAXJA group run would someone be able to pull out a tapered reamer from there tool box!

What a great bunch!!

Proud to be a NAXJA member!!

Best club around!!

I got my photoCD back today and will post the shots. I have about an hour of video of the trail. With my hectic schedule, it might take a couple of days to digitize it and make some .wmd's but I will get it posted on my site. I'll keep this thread updated on the progress.

Hey Handlebars...thanks for the great trail. Got some good pictures of you and your rig.

Tom Houston
white 85 XJ w/snorkle, bushwackers, stroker and rack on 35's. Ran 2nd or 3rd for the trail.

OK, I had some time today and shrunk some (most) of our pics and placed them on my website.

http://www.4footed.com/moab03/kanecreek/

This should get you the Kane Creek pics. If you see a specil one you like, I can arrange for you to get it full size, instead of 800x600...

http://www.4footed.com/moab03/ has dirs for each of our days, but "arches" and "river" were NON-wheelin' days. So, be prepared for tourist pics! :D

bburge

XJScott, send an email addy to [email protected] and I'll send you the kane creek pics I've got. I don't have a clue how to post pics here, and don't wanna clutter up the board with my admittedly amateur photos, but if ya want 'em, I'll send 'em. Don't have a web page to post them to, or I'd do that. Give me time..and money..and did I mention time...I must own a jeep, I've got a long list though...
:angel:

poomba,

Thanks for the picks. Kane Creek was the only one I didn't get any pictures of myself.

Trip complete.

Thanks,
Lincoln

bburge, great shots of my hi lift in action..okay, it's a stretch to say I helped, but at least they can't say I don't know 'jack' about 4 wheelin'...

I was gonna put Helen on that task last weekend - then work tried to kill me!

I'll send it along this weekend... work's not done with my @$$!

bburge

Hey old-man,
Did you get any of those pics developed and posted?
Been looking for a link but nothing yet...

Just curious!

Thanx!

Back