• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pics and specs on one ton swaps.

right now shaft failure is pretty much not an option.

ive got CTM 35 spline 300m inners & outers with 300m drive slugs.

not too worried about shaft breakage with 40s and a 4.0 5.38s and a 4:1 rubi tcase.

vetteboy said:
A Detroit rarely fails by itself. Usually they break because something else exploded and shock-loaded it.

In that sense, the Lock-rites tend to hold up better. People break shafts with lock rites and have no problems with the locker blowing up. However I have heard of more isolated failures with the lock rites themselves breaking, as well as the stock carrier.

The 40-spline D60 detroit will only make things worse because there's less material in the side gears, and the piece that really explodes is the same in all the D60 models...but you'll be less likely to break a 40-spline shaft in the first place.

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
tellico :laugh:

try johnson valley.

Ever wheeled Tellico? I hope to get out west some day soon I want to see what it's like to wheel on dry rocks... But, If tellico makes you laugh come one and give Harlan, KY a try.. it makes tellico look like a baby and its just as wet...

Last edited:
ive heard theres some really nasty shit in ky
i got a buddy with a wrangler with 40's and full 4 link and he doesnt bother with tellico anymore. he goes up to ky

heres a small sample of what johnson valley has to offer

20050115195550_PICT1073.JPG

4x4_CA_Hammmers_Day_4_Mar_07_036.sized

04.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

I will be running a 14b rear in my XJ on 33's as a daily driver with 4.56 gears. After shaving it the 14b has a ton of clearance and there is nothing above it that will get in the way from its tall upper portion.
Pics will be forthcoming this week after I am completely done with the disc brake conversion.
One issue has risen for the shock length and placement. I had moved the mounts to the middle of the tube with my BPE's the previous shock I had, which is for my 3" lift, looks like it will be compressed at max just to get it in . I am going to have to buy smaller shocks.
I was going to build only one 14b shaver, but I had an extra axle for parts and figured why not and built two. Now I have a daily driver monster axle that will never see more than a 33" tire and one for the rock rig I am building.

Back