• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Petition to change the name of the 2014 Cherokee

XJ Wheeler

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, when i saw Jeep had announced the next car model to adorn the Jeep badge i was flabbergasted when i saw it also will carry the Cherokee name. So, to try and get Jeep to undo the bad, i started a Facebook page to get a stir going on.

I don't want people thinking i drive that when i say i have a Cherokee. And i don't want weird looks when i'm searching for parts for my XJ Cherokee. It will haunt us for YEARS... YEARS... YEARS...

I know, better uses for my time. But i feel this is worth fighting for, the Jeep Cherokee XJ is too special to be associated with this thing.

Help stop the madness! Like, comment, and SHARE! Us real Jeepers need to stick together.

http://m.facebook.com/pages/Petitio...rokee/431327430280833?id=431327430280833&_rdr

I remember a guy that loved diamond plate, Dr Pepper, organized a march on Detroit when they wanted to call the Libery a Cherokee. This is the same guy that bullets simply bounced off his forehead. Nobody showed up.

Good luck. :)

Yeah, uh, good luck with that. They don't give a crap what anyone says about it... even as internet petitions go this one will be fruitless.

You would have better luck getting on the horn with some Cherokee tribes and having them make noise in the news/media than by starting an internet petition.

If I were Chrysler/Fiat I'd accept your petition and send you a letting saying you were right, it won't be the "Jeep Cherokee." I would then sign the order for "Jeep Cherokee II."

If I were Chrysler/Fiat I'd accept your petition and send you a letting saying you were right, it won't be the "Jeep Cherokee." I would then sign the order for "Jeep Cherokee II."
that worked swimmingly for the Ford Mustang.

And the Fiat/Chryco precedent:

The "Dart II" Just can't wait to drive one. I'm sure it'll be every bit as fun as a '69 Hemi Dart.

I'm waiting for them to start importing those little panel van delivery trucks they use in Europe. They can call that the "Ram II"

There were no Hemi Darts in '69, Hurst only built those and the Cudas in '68.
First response: Oops! 'Can't trust my memory on car trivia any more - Oldtimer's disease.

Second response: See, I was right. Driving a Dart II WOULD be just as fun as driving a '69 Hemi Dart. The Dart II will outperform any non-existent car on the planet!

( Actually the "9" was a typo,.. thanks for the catch. )

First response: Oops! 'Can't trust my memory on car trivia any more - Oldtimer's disease.

Second response: See, I was right. Driving a Dart II WOULD be just as fun as driving a '69 Hemi Dart. The Dart II will outperform any non-existent car on the planet!

( Actually the "9" was a typo,.. thanks for the catch. )

Actually, the new Dart will be able to outrun a Hemi Dart.........pretty much anywhere but on the drag strip :laugh3:

Back