• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Perspective

8Mud

NAXJA Forum User
I've heard everything between 12 and 18 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. Lets say 16 million, just for a handy number, which is twice the total population of Israel :). We have done such a good job of solving that dilemma maybe it is time to start one of our own?

The crisis at the border, the 60,000 kids we are expected to take care of, are 2.5% of the illegal population in the U.S. plus or minus a couple of million. Sorry I find it hard to get my shorts in a knot when addressing 2.5% of a problem, any problem.

318,383,000 people in the U.S., over half are on some sort of assistance, Federal, Local or whatever. 156 million and change, compared to 16 Million. Now riddle me this, why do people get so excited about the 16 while ignoring the 156? Legal, illegal, I don't think it would be a giant leap of logic to say we might be better off deporting the freeloaders and keeping the Mexicans.:)

If a person just dislikes Mexicans for whatever reason, good on them, everybody is entitled to an opinion. But trying to blame all the ills of the U.S., high taxes or whatever on 5-6% of the population is, sorry I really can't think of a nicer word, dumb.

Some people just need to hate, some jump on any old bandwagon that happens by and join the haters. Nothing works better than hate to unite a citizenry, ask Adolf, it works really well. The problems really start when you use hate to unite instead of finding solutions, you create more problems and reciprocal hate, it grows exponentially.

I look at it more like, the government is already providing assistance to 156 million, instead of adding another 16 million on top, let's work on putting the 156 million in a better position to contribute to society. Illegals may not receive welfare and other such things, but they do receive free healthcare through our emergency rooms, and their existence points to the problems we have with people of any sort being able to sneak across our borders to do whatever. Most illegals might be decent people trying to find a better life, but asking with them come the violent criminals that got them here or work for the cartels.

Back