• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oem paint

Z.m4v

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1996 jeep cherokee country and I'm looking to paint the bumper, it is primer gray right now but looks a bit green, the plate under the hood says primary PGF and secondary QS7, however I can't seem to find much info on the qs7 paint anywhere except in touch up bottles, I'm looking for a qs7 aerosol or a very close match.

Did a bit of research, it says that there can be a few different letters for the same color, qs7, ps7, ws7 but the actual color is s7, what does the Q dictate if anything

At least one designator is for the trim style.

I found a site that says:

"The color code plate will be either on the drivers door jamb or under the hood on the radiator support. Jeep vehicle color codes can be preceded by a letter such as P or Q. For example if you are looking for color code 'W7/GW7', it may appear on your vehicle as 'PW7/GW7' or 'QW7/GW7' or 'RW7/GW7', etc. The actual color code is W7. Some of the colors below may be followed by the word 'matt', i.e. Color Description (matt) . These are trim or bumper colors."

Doesn't explain why the extra letter. I assume the paint may come from different suppliers.

https://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/Jeep/1996-Jeep-All-Models.html. If not expanded, click on "Verify your Jeep color code before ordering" to drop down the section.

I have a 1996 jeep cherokee country and I'm looking to paint the bumper, it is primer gray right now but looks a bit green, the plate under the hood says primary PGF and secondary QS7, however I can't seem to find much info on the qs7 paint anywhere except in touch up bottles, I'm looking for a qs7 aerosol or a very close match.

Not sure about your area, but where I'm from we had paint/auto parts "jobber shop" that could and would on request mix up any paint code and put it in an aerosol can. I would call around and ask, or ask if someone can recommend a similar shop in your area.

Back