• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Wipers, Wiper Intermediate Module - Unreasonable price! Help

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
1996 Cherokee Classic
Well, a couple weeks ago, I made a thread about my wipers taking a shit and only working when they feel like it. I have searched for a fuse box diagram but no such luck, only found one for a Renix and post 97'. Anyone have a fuse box diagram for a 96'?

I called the dealer about the "wiper circuit breaker" (from the Renix diagram I found on here) but the retards didn't have a clue (usual). So I said if worst comes to worst, I'll have to replace the module. The parts desk informed me that it would be $250 + TAX

If I push on random fuses, the fn' wipers start working. I am still not sure which "fuse" is the wiper fuse. I am assuming it's the one that is all metal located on the bottom of the fuse block (like the Renix)

Currently the Jeep is getting new Glass installed right now so I cannot unplug the module and do the hi/low wiper test. Took it for a drive last night and the wipers and sprayers worked flawlessly. Took it to get the glass installed this morning and the wipers don't work. I am willing to bet the fuckers will work once the new windshield is in. But I still need this permanantly fixed. Which one is the wiper fuse/circuit breaker/relay w/e the hell and where can I get one?

I want to make sure it's good before I replace that bastard box. The multi function switch seems to be working just fine when it does work though, so I am ruling out the switch.

Replace the breaker first, the delay box is solid state and 99% of the time will fail completely when bad.

The other thing is the delay box is bypassed when on High so with a bad delay box only the delay will be effected.
If the breaker is not bad the the motor could be bad and tripping the breaker.

thanks for the speedy reply. Can you only get the breaker from the dealer? I am in Canada if that makes a difference. Or would "normal" autoparts stores carry the breaker? Estimate on cost as well?

If you need a delay box, go to a junkyard and look for one out of a '95 or '96 - the design of the circuit is better (enclosed relay, for example).

My '92's orignal delay box failed (either delay wouldn't work, or it would start off working and then stop delaying), and I replaced it with a junkyard '96 box for $25 (vs. 75-80 at dealer)

Rob

J-Roc said:
thanks for the speedy reply. Can you only get the breaker from the dealer? I am in Canada if that makes a difference. Or would "normal" autoparts stores carry the breaker? Estimate on cost as well?

It's a dealer only item in the size.

The circuit breaker that controlls the wipers is located in the fuse panel under the dash, left of the brake pedal. It's larger than a fuse, metallic and rectangular with 2 prongs...I don't think there is anything else that looks like it there. Anyway, dealership item but I would just go to a junk yard. What I do is just get them at junk yards, pull a bunch of them if you can and carry them as spares. I could probably be persuaded to send you one. BTW, if you go to a dealership, you should be able to tell them what part of the car you are working on (fuse panel) and ask for them to print a diagram so you can just point to what you need.

Back