• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PalmettoOne

NAXJA Forum User
New member - just joined. Beginning to upgrade 98 XJ Limited. Would like to find trail runs near me. I'm in the Charlotte, NC region.

Have owned Jeep since it had 30 K on it. It's now at 210,000. My mechanic says it's bullet proof...engine and tranny should last well beyond 300K miles...I hope so!

Welcome! Glad to have you aboard. We have a pretty decent contingency of people in the Charlotte area.

Put the July 7-8 dates on your calendar and join the SEC in Harlan KY for the Cherokee Crawl. Also, keep checking back, as the guys in your area often make runs to URE and participate in their trail maintenance days.

Hey there! I'm not too far from you. I live in Hartsville, SC. Hit me up if you ever need any help. I was just at the new SC park. It's called Broken Nut in Jefferson, SC.

Ha...Broken Nut? There is an old gold mine there where back in the 60s hippies used to hang out, smoke weed, and then think they could fly out over the pit...they broke more than that in the process!

Ha...Broken Nut? There is an old gold mine there where back in the 60s hippies used to hang out, smoke weed, and then think they could fly out over the pit...they broke more than that in the process!

Yea I know about the gold mine. This is right on Lynches river. I'll post up here next time I go if you are interested in checking it out. Mostly trails through the woods right now. There are a few challenging areas but not a lot. Traffic and rain will make it better.

Crawled all over the place back in the '70s...doing a documentary on gold mining in the Carolinas. That's one helluva open pit they have there!

Crawled all over the place back in the '70s...doing a documentary on gold mining in the Carolinas. That's one helluva open pit they have there!

Nice. I've never seen it. Maybe I'll google image it. There is a URE work day Saturday if you got nothing going on.

Back