• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to Jeeps and New to Forum

BlackKnight

NAXJA Forum User
Sup everyone, Im 16 and got my license about 2 months ago. I have wanted an xj forever... My grandpa owns 3 jeeps, and once he let me take his old clunker 89 for a spin down the road, I was hooked, this was a few years back, but I have be looking for the perfect one ever since and my parents are finally going to let get one; man its hard to find a good one in cali. I have been reading a lot online about the car in general. I go to pick it up tomorrow if everything works out. I will post a few pics of it once I bring back home to show anyone if they are interested, just thought I would chime in and join one of the jeep forums since I am now an enthusiast. I am excited to learn more of about the xj and what it is capable off, my pops says no offroad, but we both no that ain't happening. Feel free to give me any pointers or anything worth knowing. Thanks.

Welcome. You'll find a wealth of knowledge here beyond any other forum. You will also find that this is really a club that happens to have a forum. Watch for local Meet and Greets, participate in Adopt-A-Trail work days, and join as a member to help support the club and our mission of land use advocacy.

You'll find the people here helpful, though you'll also notice a fair bit of teasing. But it's all in good fun.

David Bricker / SYR

Welcome. Your choice of first vehicle(s) is much more intelligent than mine were. Renix > Lucas.

If I were looking for an XJ I would go after a '98 or '99 without anti lock brakes, and with part time four wheel drive(NP231).

my pops says no offroad, but we both no that ain't happening. Feel free to give me any pointers or anything worth knowing. Thanks.

Watch this forum in the spring for information about SoCal Fest, our official annual wheeling event, usually held in Big Bear. Bring your dad. Go on the scenic stocker run. He'll probably support you lifting and modifying the rig after that so you can do a more challenging run the year after.

Here it is!!

IMG_6149_zpswuwplntu.jpg

IMG_6150_zpshxzgps1b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So much for baby steps...Welcome... Congrats. on the ride...

Go through old posts and read... and read...
Start out slow, there's allot to learn... after all you want dad to buy into this new hobby... bring your grand dad...

Curt

Back