• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New tire rec.

Are we to assume stock means no mods at all? OEM tire size of 235/75/15?

Yuck on the bfg. However if you like that General design check out the grabber at2. (Hidden funny cuz tires)
The atm rf10's justin referenced are a great colorado tire.
I liked the terra grapplers until I got to below 1/3 tread where they hardened up a bit, but another to potentially consider.
If you're doing some camping or lots of winter driving with it the duratracs are always good as well.

Last edited:
We ran the Destination A/T for awhile. First thing we noticed was that they are quiet on the highway. For a stock size, all-around tire, the Goodyear Wrangler does amazingly well in packed snow and ice.

I've used the BFG A/T KO for 10-11 years and hundreds of thousands of miles on Jeeps and pick up trucks. I've gotten as much as 90,000 miles on a set with my stock 01 XJ. They do make noise and ride harder as they wear. I live with that because they've been indestructible. I've had lesser tires brake belts on certain roads that didn't phase the BFG A/T KO. At some point I may try another tire, like the BFG A/T KO2 ;-)

Ditto on the BFG A/T KOs. I've had them on various pickups and 3 XJs now. Honestly, I can't think of one complaint about them. I've had them in DEEP snow, packed snow/ice, tons of rain, in deep sand, and of course the roads. Never an issue.

I love the terra grapplers on my Titan, still at 50% plus with 25k on them, still gripping well in all conditions. They are on the pricey side, though.

I've ran a lot of BFG A/T KOs on the jeeps trucks old blazer and they are a true and tested good time.
I rand Firestone Destination A/T on my Toyota truck and worst tire out there they were quite but didn't last and had balancing issues. new rims didn't help and they even replaced 3 tires and this was a 29" tire so nothing crazy big. I was done with them. they ended up taking back those and giving me the BFGs at no extra cost.

Back