• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Radiator: NOS CSF 2671 or ?

jnewell

NAXJA Forum User
Vehicle is a 2000 Sport with a lot of mods over the years. Still has the original Mopar radiator. Mods have included all the towing package options other than the radiator. I don't tow and don't really plan to, but having had a few parts go TU from pure age recently, I'm thinking about replacing the radiator (and refreshing all the hoses).

I have a CSF 2671 (three row, all metal) radiator that I bought back in early 2001 in the garage, but never installed it. It's been in the box for 17 years - not even insects have gotten at it.

I see some posts here and elsewhere opining that newer CSF radiators are not necessarily equal to older versions.

Researching replacements (before I remembered that I might already have one here), I liked the idea of a thicker core, 2-row all aluminum radiator. The $190 Radiator Express 1.5" 2-row aluminum replacement looked particularly nice. But the NOS CSF is in stock, as they say.

Looking for different opinions on the vintage/NOS CFS vs. an aluminum replacement. Assume for the moment that cost isn't a factor (but that I'm not likely to spend > $250 or so, I don't need a $800 or $1K radiator). Use the CSF, or go with a new aluminum replacement?

Use what you got and get a trans cooler!

Aluminum is lighter weight, but dosen't transfer heat as well as copper. I too vote for the CSF. Mine has been trouble free for several years now.

Back