• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to weld on some stiffeners - where?

Markos

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Folks,

My XJ was rear ended a few months ago, and I'm now addressing the damage. I'm having it pulled straight. The plan is to weld on some rear frame stiffeners from HD Offroad Engineering.

rear_stiffener_large.jpg

I'm looking for someone to weld them on. I could do it myself, but I generally suck at welding, and the duty cycle on my welder sucks as well. I need them stitched around the perimeter, and plug welded. I can handle grinding down all the rosette welds.

I may also just buy the whole kit for $330, which means more welding. So if anyone PM's me with an offer, include just the rears, along with the centers and fronts. If I do the centers, I'll probably need to weld on some mounting plates for my AJ's sliders, or weld the sliders on themselves. I dont' think the nutserts will cut it anymore.

Spec Fab FTMFW!!!

I've had great experiences with Pat from Those Guys Rod and Customs in Bremerton. :repair:

Thanks for the tips so far.

Can anyone make a recommendation near the Seattle area? I'm firing an email over to John at Auburn Car.

Back