• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Engine 2.1 or 2.5 Turbo Diesel for Winnebago

bigbug86

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 86 Lesharo with a 2.1 Turbo Diesel bad engine, need a good replacement, would prefer a 2.5 Turbo Diesel came in a Jeep Cherokee, does any one know where I could find one? I'm also looking at VW Drive trains to see if I can stick one in there, also Cummins 4BT? I don't know what else to check out. Any advice or Help would be appreciated! Thanks Walt

Re: Need Engine 2.1 or 2.5 Turbo Diesel

So are you trying to stay with a diesel? Also what a lesharo? I know the 2.5 is rare as shit. and the 4bt is a big mother.

Re: Need Engine 2.1 or 2.5 Turbo Diesel

So are you trying to stay with a diesel? Also what a lesharo? I know the 2.5 is rare as shit. and the 4bt is a big mother.
Yes I want to stay with a Diesel, It's a Winnebago RV, the 4BT has a lot of torg and about 105 to 140 HP with inter cooler, the thing is I don't know if it will bolt up with out a lot of modification, yes the 2.1 and 2.5 Turbos are hard to find. just trying to get some advice! Thanks Walt

I have a 86 Lesharo with a 2.1 Turbo Diesel bad engine, need a good replacement, would prefer a 2.5 Turbo Diesel came in a Jeep Cherokee, does any one know where I could find one? I'm also looking at VW Drive trains to see if I can stick one in there, also Cummins 4BT? I don't know what else to check out. Any advice or Help would be appreciated! Thanks Walt

Good luck!

The 2.1L Renault Diesel was only used in the States 1985-1987. The VAM 2.5L Diesel was used in export markets - and not in the States at all.

For information on the 4BT swap, there is a Yahoo! group dedicated to that very subject; swapping the Cummins 4BT into various vehicles - http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/cummins4BT/?yguid=157814082.

There's also a site dedicated to the topic, I think it grew out of the Yahoo! group in the same manner that JeepStrokers.com grew out of the old Strokers mailing list - http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/index.php

Good luck!

Back