• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a spare tire and rim but not for my Jeep

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a tire and rim for my Kia Spectra. I looked into the bolt pattern and it's a 4 lug x 3.94 (100 mm) bolt pattern with a 15" rim. Seems like most import 4 bangers over the last 20 years have this bolt pattern. I'm getting ready to take a long road trip to Zion and saw that my spare isn't much beefier or larger then a bike tire. What a joke. I would much prefer and feel much more comfortable having a full size spare with decent tread. Let me know if you might have something or know where I can get this tire and rim on the cheap. I talked to a couple local tire shops and they all wanted around $50 for the rim and another $30-40 for a used tire plus mount and balance. I was looking at a $100 bill . My price range is really in the $50 or less range. Call me a cheap bastard, but I'm broke. My XJ killed me on repairs this month.

i got a set of wheels that fit my 90's corolla. they are 15's and i think two out of the four are in good condition. for sure i know one of them if in great shape. take em all for 50

i got a set of wheels that fit my 90's corolla. they are 15's and i think two out of the four are in good condition. for sure i know one of them if in great shape. take em all for 50

It looks like the 93-02 Corolla came with the 4 lug 4 x 3.94 bolt pattern so it should bolt right up. Pre 93 wont work and post 02 went to 5 lug. I don't really need a set of rims. I already have too much crap in my garage that I need to clean out. If your willing to sale me just the one rim, shoot me a PM on the price. I also have a pile of XJ parts if your willing to do a trade.

Last edited:
damm, my corolla was a 91. they are aftermarket wheels and were on an older beamer so they might still fit but i'm not sure. i'll get a measurment on the pattern if you like

damm, my corolla was a 91. they are aftermarket wheels and were on an older beamer so they might still fit but i'm not sure. i'll get a measurment on the pattern if you like

If you have the time go ahead and figure out what bolt pattern they are and let me know.

I gotta buddy down here in highland with a used tire shop I can go by in the morning.

That would be great if he could find something. That's pretty close to me. Just make sure you let him know what my budget is.

I think i have a full size spare for you 4x100 bolt pattern and a good tire on it. Its from my Honda. Free ninety nine for you!

I think i have a full size spare for you 4x100 bolt pattern and a good tire on it. Its from my Honda. Free ninety nine for you!

Let me know for sure if you do have it. That would be awesome. My current tire size is 195 60 R15. We would just need to figure out how to get it out here. Any chance you will be heading into the IE or San Berdu mtns. in the next 2 weeks?

Let me know for sure if you do have it. That would be awesome. My current tire size is 195 60 R15. We would just need to figure out how to get it out here. Any chance you will be heading into the IE or San Berdu mtns. in the next 2 weeks?

if he can get it to me i can get it to someone along the 15 this friday, I'm leaving for vegas when my wife gets off work on friday around 5pm.

Its a 14" rim and i dont have any plans on going out that way but im sure we can work something out.

I'll check the size bum im almost sure its a 185/65 or 185/70/14

Its a 14" rim and i dont have any plans on going out that way but im sure we can work something out.

I'll check the size bum im almost sure its a 185/65 or 185/70/14

Lets see if Jay's buddy can find something in the exact size. If not, then your tire should still work. My spare isn't even close to the same size. Yours is rather close. Maybe we can set something up with Grimm as a partial parts train and then I can get it from someone off the 15 later in the week. I will keep you updated on what Jay finds out.

Ill drop it off at Grimms if need be. I can drop it off anytime today.

I didn't get ahold of Jay yet so if you could drop it off at Grimm's place that would be great. Grimm and I can figure it out from there.

Got the tire and rim from Julio yesterday thanks to Grimm(Mike) driving it out. I really appreciate the generosity and time guys.

No problem Brad, glad I could help. I like racking up karma points on the positive side of the scale, hopefully one of these days i'll be back on the right side of it or at least back to zero lol.

:cheers:

No problem Brad, glad I could help. I like racking up karma points on the positive side of the scale, hopefully one of these days i'll be back on the right side of it or at least back to zero lol.

:cheers:

I know what you mean. I feel like i was giving back to Brad from when he hooked me up with that 35" spare tire. Hope it suits you well man. I rode around in it for a bit when i needed to and it help up fine.

Back