• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Napa engine warranty

bigalpha

I have a friend who had a napa engine installed by his mechanic. He can't find some of his paperwork, including the warranty paperwork. We went to napa to get a copy and they manager said that the warranties were only available with the engine packets and they could not provide them.

My question is, can I get a copy of the engine warranty otherwise?

Unless that store sells a lot of engines it should be relatively easy for them to go back in the computer system and pull up his receipt and reprint it for him. especially if he knows when he bought it. All he should need is proof of purchase. what is the vehicle it went into? I'll see if I can pull up the actual details of the warranty if that's all he's looking for.

Well there was a problem with the motor so he is trying to get it warrantied but is having a lot of issues.

Send me a PM with what info you need.

I had an o2 sensor fail that I bought from my local napa, I lost the receipt but they were able to pull it up no problem for me. They used the make/model of the car and an estimated date of purchase to find the sales ticket and warranty the sensor no problem.

i sent over a PDF of the warranty terms and conditions, hopefully that helps you guys get it sorted out.

Yeah. NAPA is not like some other parts stores. Warranty info is not stored in a file for you by your name, phone number, etc.. Likewise, stores are not all connected to each other. But if you know what you bought, and when you bought it, a transaction review can usually turn up your purchase. Usually not an issue, but best to go to the store you purchased it from if you lost your receipt.

I had an o2 sensor fail that I bought from my local napa, I lost the receipt but they were able to pull it up no problem for me. They used the make/model of the car and an estimated date of purchase to find the sales ticket and warranty the sensor no problem.

ATK has always been good to us. Hopefully this all works out for your friend.

Back