• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Jeep Sits Lower with New Control Arms?

Miller88

NAXJA Forum User
This is an odd one.

I have (had?) 3.5'' Rough Country springs in the front of my Cherokee. It was on the factory control arms. With the fat lip cow catcher bumper, it sagged to about 3'' or so. Not a big deal.

I just put in new control arms. They are a bit longer since they are for a lift. Pinion angle is dialed in and perfect.

However, I now have about 2.5'' of lift in the front?

Is this normal?

Springs are seated in the seats (though, if they weren't, the Jeep would be a bit taller) and the factory isolators are still in there.

Is it because the new arms are longer and moved your front axle further forward. Just like spreading your legs wider apart when standing up makes you shorter, the same happens when you axles spread further apart?

Haha it made sense in my head until I really thought about it...

Did you torque everthing with weight on the tires?

Yep. Due to running out of time after getting it back together, it sat for a day, on tires before I got to torque everything.

Is it because the new arms are longer and moved your front axle further forward. Just like spreading your legs wider apart when standing up makes you shorter, the same happens when you axles spread further apart?

Haha it made sense in my head until I really thought about it...

Hmm. That makes sense. I think it may have rotated the axle enough to make it sit a bit shorter.

Just need to adjust the alignment and I'm okay with it!

Back