• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Minimum Rig Requirements

This run is about 6 weeks away.

:eek:

Shit, I have a lot of work to do...

dsc_0556.jpg

I've got a spare stock steering set-up and stock D30 axles, both with some surface rust due to being outside since I pulled them. I don't need them for myself (guess I could use the steering if I break my Currie) but would be willing to bring them along if somebody needs them in order to meet the requirements for the trip. I'd really rather not as they are dirty, rusty, greasy, and not the easiest thing to pack, but would be willing to bring them if someone is in need...

I've got a spare stock steering set-up and stock D30 axles, both with some surface rust due to being outside since I pulled them. I don't need them for myself (guess I could use the steering if I break my Currie) but would be willing to bring them along if somebody needs them in order to meet the requirements for the trip. I'd really rather not as they are dirty, rusty, greasy, and not the easiest thing to pack, but would be willing to bring them if someone is in need...

When I broke my Currie just past Spider Lake I would have paid $200 for stock steering!

For what it is worth and you probably know this already, new stuff don't break, it is the 10th time out with the same sound coming from the drive shaft that you need to worry about.

As far as spares, I like to wrap the rusty/greasy/slimy/muddy/dirty stuff in some Saran wrap or a clingy plastic wrap, keeps it cleaner to handle, also helps keep the Fordyce water out of the good stuff.

When I broke my Currie just past Spider Lake I would have paid $200 for stock steering!

That was a long night - getting that stock steering from... I dont even remember the guys name now...

Well, I guess it would probably be a good idea to take the steering with me, just in case. I'll just disassemble it and wrap it up so it doesn't take up so much room. The axle shafts on the other hand will do me no good... If anybody needs them, let me know!

Back