• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mean Green Dual Battery Setup. Anyone Tried It?

Beej said:
Okay we're retarded. Let the pwnage ensue...

:D

to
cleardot.gif
Beej
date
cleardot.gif
Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 12:30 PM
subject
cleardot.gif
Re: battery kit
mailed-by
cleardot.gif
gmail.com
hide details

cleardot.gif

Yes. why did we drink so much you idiot. Paul figured it out on Monday, its why we had such a hard time closing it up. If I had my regular hood i'd be f--ked. Last time I use your tools my friend. and no, i won't be sending you a picture for the internet!! Are you coming up this sat? We'll be clamming on the beach at kingfisher.

- Hide quoted text -

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Beej <> wrote:
Hey,

did we install a TJ kit in your jeep? Send me a quick pic so I can post it on a forum...

What can you say to that really. Good stuff :twak:

Yeah, why don't you just turn your Jeep on when you winch? It's what I do, and I don't even have an optima. Wal-mart batteries, HO! I'm switching to an optima when this one dies, no worries.

No problem Beej. I was hoping you had figured out a way to do it. :)

Optimas are supposedly fine on their sides. I've had Red Top on its side for a few months now. Only time will tell.

I was toying with the idea of a dual battery setup. I would put both of them in the back though. I'm putting in a 1200 watt power inverter, so that I can use my hair dryer on the Rubicon. :p

Of course you should always run the engine while winching. But there are some valid reasons for wanting a dual battery setup, like winching and trailside welding.

It'd come in handy if the main were to ever die. (I'd run the main as a regular ol juice box, and a yellow top (deep cycle) as the secondary juice box. Hit a switch, hit the starter, and you're off. No wandering around with a pair of battery cables.

I plan on doing a dual battery kit in the future, i want to fab my own mount though, i cant stomach the $$$ for a couple pieces of bent up 16 gauge and some nuts and bolts.

My reasoning is i try to camp as far away as possible from other people, I listen to music all the time around the fire with the hatch popped and most of the time i have to run the jeep for long periods of time, with two batteries i wouldnt have to worry about it. just isolate the system to run off the deep cycle and play it till it dies, still have another battery to start/charge it up

Back