• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking For/Need Jeep Mechanic

Monkey55

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Everyone,

It's been a LONG time... I know there has been some changes around here.

Here is the short version in regards to me: About 5 years ago I developed some health issues and pretty much dropped out of society. I haven't worked since either. I have major autoimmune issues that has lead to major chronic pain, chronic fatige, neuropathy, digestive issues, and other stuff.

This is why I am looking for a Jeep mechanic. I'm unable work on them and now have to pay to have the work done.

I have an '05 Grand Cherokee that needs a water pump and the front diff brackets replaced.

I went to the dealersip and... :scared: $$$

I'm hoping to find a good contact and someone that I can trust.

It's probably best to contact me via cell or e-mail because it's hard for me to type because of the nerve pain in my finger tips.

Thanks......

Oh Yeah... "HI" ;)

Elias
213-Two Eight Zero - 4105
eliasj123 AT yahoo

Damn E. sorry to hear about that...

Is the car mobile, and are you in a hurry?

I can set up a work party at my place and we can knock out the pump for you at least.

Might be able to do the diff brackets too if they don't require any special tools. I don't know because I've never worked on a Grand before and have no idea what a "diff bracket" is.

Would it be #1 here:
IMG_20111203_115514-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Chris.

Thanks man.

The Jeep is drivable. It just clunks pretty loudly. I don't know which bracket is broken because I can't get under there to verify. It has to be one of those two brackets.

The water pump is more critical. Also, the dealership told me that the brackets are on national back order. I was hoping to get water pump done by the 8th however it gets done.

Oh yeah. It has the Hemi engine. So, I don't know if that makes it harder or more costly to replace the pump.

Thanks
E

Oooof!! I'm gone all w/e. Won't be back until Monday the 6th.

A water pump is a water pump. The only real difference is the amount of crap that has to be removed to get to it. Let me know...

The diff bracket isn't to bad, had to take one out to do a oil pan on one at work, water pump isn't that bad either. what engine does it have E, also sorry to hear about the health problems.

Hey Ted...

It has the Hemi 5.7. Talk about speed and power packed into a 5k pound hunk of metal.

It looks like I might have to wait until after the 11th. I didn't even know I had a water pump leak until the dealer pointed it out.

I couldn't do an oil change even if someone gave me $1k cash. I come to accept that this is my life right now and I do what I can to make the best of it.

I finally had to give up motorcycle riding because sometimes I can't feel my feet. When that happens, I can only feel pressure in my legs. That's not good when I need to put my leg at a stop. I really thought about getting a trike. Who knows??

Anywho.....

Thanks Guys.....

E

I'm willing to help out depending on your location! I know nerve pain I get some on occasion from a C-6 compression. As far as the bracket, Iknow you said you can't get under it but it would help if it was a clunk due to wear of the bushings or a crack in the metal! If the metal cracked it gone be welded and reinforced, if the bushing is worn maybe the bushing can be replaced! I have a 20 ton press in my shop! I have replaced bushings in my Kenworth trac arms with it so if the bushing is replaceable this press will do it!

Ouch. Compressed disc suck..

Thanks for the offer. You're right. Knowing which bracket it is can make a big difference on how it's fixed. I didn't even think about the possibility of it needed to be welded.

I'll see if I can get my neighbor to crawl under there and look to see which bracket is broken.

I'm open to any help I can get. I just don't have the room at my house for anyone to do the work here.

I can provide food and drinks. And maybe a good laugh.. (I walk around pretty medicated these days.. :looney:)

Thanks,
E

Hey Elias. I can stop by after work one day this week to help you figure out which bracket is bad. You're kinda sorta on my way home. I get off at 2 pm. So I can be at your place by 2:30.

I have a big driveway that can be used, but most of my weekends end up being filled with things my wife decided I need to do.

Damn E. sorry to hear about that...

Is the car mobile, and are you in a hurry?

I can set up a work party at my place and we can knock out the pump for you at least.

Might be able to do the diff brackets too if they don't require any special tools. I don't know because I've never worked on a Grand before and have no idea what a "diff bracket" is.

Would it be #1 here:
IMG_20111203_115514-1.jpg

Im too far away to help, but normally the bad bushing is the one you can't see in this picture. It is right above the pinion yoke. Official name is pinion support bushing. A ball joint press should work to press it out and back in once you drop the whole unit down and twist it around. Leave the axle shafts in place.

E-man, I am sorry to hear of your health issues, I am in the same boat. I have severe neuropathy and havent been able to feel anything but fire in my fingers and most of my feet for almost a year now. I really hope it gets better for you.

-Grimmy (i had to change my screen name to keep incriminating posts away from my ex wife)

Back