• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a decent place to buy parts...

Atl-Atl

NAXJA Forum User
So lately I have bought some parts from 4x4groupbuy but I have not had the greatest experience with them. They have an incredible selection but they dont really seem to stock anything. It is always drop shipped from the vendor which causes parts to take 2 weeks to actually show up at my door, therefor do they actually have all that inventory? They claim this is to keep prices low but everyone has the same prices or price matches these days so what difference does it really make?

Unfortunately there arent any offroad shops in the Madison area that I have found. There was one on 151 by Sunny P that turned into a lawnmower shop, boo. There doesn't seem to be many online vendors that have the selection of 4x4groupbuy either, I guess im finding out why. I used to work for 4 wheel parts and know what they are capable of but their website is SO terrible that I dont dare buy anything from them online, they need to expand their amount of storefronts.

Does anyone on here have a go to place they buy all of their parts from and wouldnt mind sharing with me?

Mike, I guess it depends what you are looking for. As a NAXJA Member, you have a Club discount at a number of places. If it's ordinary replacement parts your looking for: Rockauto (on-line). CSK (Checker), and NAPA are my usual haunts. I also tend to do business with 4 Wheel Hardware (4WD.com) when I need an accessory that I can't get, or because of price, I won't get locally. J&L 4WD has moved to the Frontage road by 51 and 12. However, they are J&L by name only. Nice folks, but they don't stock anything.

Yeah im talking aftermarket parts, not like auto-parts store stuff. 4wd is owned by 4 Wheel Parts now but at least their website is more user friendly.

Back