• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long day....

Once was an Azar's restaurant where the "big boy" held a hamburger high above his head, hence the strong arm. At one time located at Colfax and Albion, Ash Street. Don't remember if it was a chain or no, nor if it still exists.

jpg.gif

The "Big Boy"

thCA97YU71.jpg

I posted this on my FB page today, but I realize not all of you are on FB, so here ya go...

Just put in my 2 week notice, so I'm looking for a job.
Couldn't get in touch with Debbie so I made a beeline home. Found her unconscious on the kitchen floor.

Her sugar level dropped like a rock while she was cooking. She fell onto the lit gas burner. Second degree burns on her face and hands, burned hair.....

Thankfully I was in town and not in Canon City, Pueblo or La Juanta....
I can't risk it any more.....can't stand the thought of how this might have turned out.

Looking for an HVAC/R gig that will keep me in the Colorado Springs vicinity.

Oof - anything we can do? Need a pot of soup or something? I would think Deb may not be in the mood to cook for a while... Seriously, you know where I am.

Thanks Chris, We're okay.

I gotta share this as well.
When a diabetic is suffering from severly low glucose level (low blood sugar) the treatment is a Glucagon injection. I keep a kit on hand at the house at all times.

After I took care of Deb I went to the pharmacy to get a refill. Our pharmacist (Bob @ A Village Pharmacy) and his assistant Loretta were very concerned, we've been going there for years. Flash forward a few hours and there's a knock at the door. Loretta show's up with a freshly made Shepards Pie. She bullies her way in, damn near smothers Deb and proceeds to lecture me....

"Listen....I don't have any more family in town, SO YOU'RE IT and you're stuck with me!"

What a wonderful person.....really softened this old guy's heart of stone.
There are a few good people left in the world, Bob and Loretta are proof positive of that.

Last edited:
Hey Frank,

I'm around all the time. I'm a professional cook, and generally handy guy. Feel free to call anytime. Admittedly, it's best to contact me before evening, I do imbibe a bit. I am retired, after all. Seriously, though, no woman I know should be falling down on a stove cooking dinner.

Sorry to hear about your little lady. Things have definitely got to get better for you two. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way, sorry I can't do more.

Sorry to hear Frank. PAE is hiring at Fort Carson for an HVAC technician, hope this helps.

TJ

Awesome, wish you luck!

Update on the wife? We've been praying for her.

Back