• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift finally done. New wheels and tires installed

Lake919

NAXJA Forum User
So after 2 full days of busting my ass, I got the lift finished and my new tires and wheels. I love the way it looks, now to reinstall the hitch and get an alignment.
30db1058fd596f322d8307e50a3efde0.jpg

Those rims look great man. Nice work. Save yourself the money and learn a bit. Align it yourself. Checkout the faq section for a tutorial. You can get all your own alignment specs in about five minutes with a tape measure and an anglefinder. Make your adjustments from there.

I disagree with Gordo, especially of this will be a DD. I went to Firestone and bought a lifetime alignment on, well, all 3 of my Jeeps. I can take it in every week if I wanted. I'll happily pay a one time fee to know its done right and rid myself of the hassle of a DIY alignment.

If you are going off road a lot, you may want to get rid of the Nerf bars and invest in some rock sliders.

Yeah the nerf bars were just put on there by the PO. I really don't like them but they will work until I make a JCR order. Next on my list is going to be frame stiffeners and bumpers.

The rims look really good I think. I've never been a fan of the minimalists style rims that just show off rusted ugly brakes so I like what yours a lot.

Wow. I had no idea a diy alignment was so hard on a solid axle vehicle.

There are only two factors to adjust. Castor and toe. It is extremely easy. If the op has the ability to install a lift he then has the ability to adjust it. DD or not. As soon as you wheel it abit it will need to be adjusted. Sometimes before you can make it home or to a firestone shop. I have quite a bit of experience adjusting my alignment infact i keep all the tools to do so under the drivers seat. Sometimes driving home with a slightly bent tierod can cause DW and all sorts of other dangerous tracking inconsistencies. He should know how to adjust it himself IMO.

Ya im with gordo on this. It's so easy and if u try it yourself and bring it in most of the time u will be 1/9 off of what a machine can do. And with a 1/9 th u won't even see if or feel it

It is very easy

And honestly a lot of the monkeys that work at the light-duty service places will freak out if you bring a lifted vehicle, they either refuse to touch it or they insist on resetting to base specs and causing more problems than they solve.

DIY alignment ? Here it is at Go Jeep.
http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoAlignment.htm

It's been 12 years since I bought my first XJ, One of the first sites I found was Go Jeep's site.
It has more XJ tech in it than any other one site and Marcus doesn't like to spend money needlessly.
It's a good site for new owners and old ones too.
If you have a few hours, take a look. Some day it will disappear, along with so many other Cherokee sites.
http://go.jeep-xj.info/

I'm kinda with Gordo on this.

I do alignments at work, (CJD dealer) and surprisingly, after I did my Currie steering,at first I did a DIY alignment at home. A few weeks later, threw it on the machine. It was so close I was considering leaving it out of laziness.

If I had to pay to get an alignment done on my jeep, I'd consider doing the DIY thing first.

I hate paying people to work on anything I own so that's just me.

Looks great. I'm loving how the new rubi wheels look on xj's

I bought spidertrax adapters. They were pricey but seriously solid and I love them. The new wheels are killer. Plus they only had 7500 miles on them and I got a brand new spare, for $600

My wife said they completely changed the profile of the jeep and I have to agree, I honestly love them. I just left the JY and got the ZJ upgrade tie rod, now to autozone for new ends. Picked up the ZJ track bar as well. Figured it cannot hurt.

Back