• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Land Between the Lakes August 31

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
A friend of mine for a little over 30 years is coming down to Tennessee at the end of August to visit. He's never been in a Jeep and never been off road.

We are planning to hit up Land Between the Lakes, Turkey Bay on Saturday August 31.

We'll meet at the ranger station at 9 and probably try to be off the trails and headed home about 2-3, since he has to drive back to Iowa the next morning.

Anyone is welcome? Takers?

Want to bring this back to the top. I'm still hoping to get a few guys that want to run with us in a couple weeks. It'll be a good time, and I'm looking forward to introducing the sport to someone that's never been off-road.

Might put this on tennesseejeeps.com also, but hope to get some NAXJA guys because I really don't like running with JKs much.

So, who's with me?

I'm out on this one. Unfortunately I now have to work that Saturday.

Wish I could but some guys talked me into going to this place called Moab, I guess it's pretty far away! :D

I may try and talk the wife into this, I've been wanting to go there.

Pretty cheap day trip Mark. The more the merrier. Recruit Ed, too!

$15 for a day pass. Scenic riding, nothing too extreme, but enough to keep it interesting - plus a pretty intense rock garden.

Back to the top - only 11 more days....

Anyone?

If I knew I wouldn't break something I would be in. Probably not smart to wheel it while I'm trying to sell it.

Six days to go - Anyone else?

Looking forward to wheeling with Kris again. Mark, Ed, Eric, anyone?

Pretty fun ride today. Took the west route up to the Silo using mostly Orange trails and one pretty gnarly blue that only 2 of us went up. Then worked our way back to the gatehouse one orange trails. It was hot and very dusty. When we got in the gatehouse area was full of railbuggies and RZRs. Fortunately we went where they didn't want to and for the most part had the park to ourselves.

I ran with 5 trucks from the Southern Illinois Jeep Association - 3 JKs, a TJ, and a CJ. Two of the guys were on their first ever off road trip, which worked well, since my buddy, Mark, was on his maiden voyage also. He drove at least half the trip. The only carnage was that one guy blew out BOTH of his rear tires AT THE SAME TIME in the bottom of a mud hole. That was an interesting deal!

I did learn about some islands that you can actually drive to. Here are some photos. If anyone knows how to upload a video, I have one of me driving off the islands. It's in Photobucket, but I can't get it to attach to this post.
IMG_2840_zps79a1fbce.jpg

IMG_2838_zpsedf9ca37.jpg

IMG_0856_zpsc91ff9e2.jpg

Ok, now this picture, the vehicle to the left is me driving to the island. The vehicle behind me is a powerboat that was coming up behind me.
IMG_0884_zps4f933721.jpg

This picture is the view of the islands from the "mainland." The second island is in the distance, full of birds.
IMG_2855_zpsc2e76ed8.jpg

I saw that vid of you driving in the lake. That looked crazy.

Are there anymore pics or vids of this ? awesome X2!

Back