• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knocking on heavens door

Well the newly rebuilt Aw4 and NP242 were put in by some really good friends of mine while I was on vacationing (as a suprise to me). I need to swap the D44 yoke over as I order my Tom Woods with the wrong u joint on the drive axle side, then put the DS in and topp of the fluids and pray. I am hoping for a sucessful launch this week. Let you know.

Well fired her up tonight after bolting up the TW DS to the newly freshed up trans and tcase... with new flex plate.

Still has a knock. It is however slightly better, but NOW it changes pitch when I kill #5 or #6 injector. It did NOT do this before. So here are my thoughts... the holes on the torque converter to flex plate bolts were elongated.. I think that and some of my hairline cracks were making the noise in the bell and masking the internal engine noise.

The noise sounds high now.. not lower end or in the bell.

I had already scoped the valve train out for broken springs and such.. but I am wondering if it has a bad piston wrist pin or piston skirt crack?

Well its an elongated wristpin on #6. Got a spare core 4.0 long block- rebuilt it punched it, cranked it, and stroked it.. just got it to find time to put it in.

Back