• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just installed hood vents

AJTorris

NAXJA Forum User
Got some of the lebaron hood vents from a buddy today and got them installed. This is my first write up.

I first put the vents up on the hood and outlined them with a permanent marker.
DSCF2026.jpg

I then taped the surrounding areas off with tape.

I used a cut off wheel to cut out the holes.
DSCF2028.jpg

I went a little too far back towards the windshield so i had to cut the little support thing under the hood and hammer it back so the vent would clear.

I used the blue rv silicon for now because i had it and i still need to take them out and paint them but i didnt want to drive around with two big holes in my hood so i used that and these little bolt things i found in my back room.

DSCF2029.jpg

Ill post some more pictures of it later this week. I need to run and get some paint to paint them. So when i take them out ill take some pics of the area where i had to cut and bend it back.

the water isn't going to hurt anything. I get alot of water up there when i 4 wheel and it doesn't cause a problem. and it sat out all winter in the monsoon rain storm no problems forget about the water. Your engine is sealed. I hear this pretty often with these hood vent but there is nothing to be concernd about. I also take it to the car wash and spray water all over the engine i havent had any problems to date. I went out wheeling in halfmoon bay in a huge down pore i had water coming up threw the bottom side of the hood vents and down my hood when i was going threw huge water holes. The only down side i can see is the smoke that comes out when you hit the water making it a little hard to see. :eek:

No private land not very big most of its fenced off now. And stupid open space preserve fenced off alot more DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

well i was thinking of making a thing that will go down towards the radiator. Think of a cowl hood just upside down. It will let the water drain down towards the radiator and also make it where the air will go straight to the vents.

Trust me you wont need to. its a waste of time and energy. Plus by doing that your limiting all the hot air thats going to come threw your hood vents and then whats the point. Engines get wet all the time.

:confused1 Not too shabby!

That makes my day a little brighter. I think one of those hood vents is bigger that the other maybe its just to little sleep

I used the blue rv silicon for now because i had it and i still need to take them out and paint them but i didnt want to drive around with two big holes in my hood so i used that and these little bolt things i found in my back room.

I thought the photo pertained to the above quote....

and good bump! :yelclap:

Last edited:
Back