• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

July 2011 Carolina Beach Meet and Greet/Camping

Good to meet Shorty and connect with another member. Went back to The Seawitch Cafe and had their epic crab dip.
great meeting you, too-- I must admit your XJ left me wanting to get back to work on it. I still think it would look and work better without that ugly tire carrier on the back-- I could even remove it for ya if you needed help:shhh:

Seawitch Cafe sounded awesome, but momma was already planning a birthday cake for tonight-- I figured I should make a guest appearance since it was for me.....

Great meeting up with you Shorty! Next year we'll be doing this again on the same weekend, unless something big comes up. And now you know which way NOT to take when you come back!

good seein' you too, Tim (and thanx for the lift onto the beach-- still think the Mustang woulda made it)

Next time, I95 to I40! Much less chance of hitting deer and owl that way (and an hour and a half shorter even if it is 50 more miles)

great meeting you, too-- I must admit your XJ left me wanting to get back to work on it. I still think it would look and work better without that ugly tire carrier on the back-- I could even remove it for ya if you needed help:shhh:

Seawitch Cafe sounded awesome, but momma was already planning a birthday cake for tonight-- I figured I should make a guest appearance since it was for me.....

good seein' you too, Tim (and thanx for the lift onto the beach-- still think the Mustang woulda made it)

Next time, I95 to I40! Much less chance of hitting deer and owl that way (and an hour and a half shorter even if it is 50 more miles)

Anytime. Mustang on the beach definitely would have got some interesting looks!

Seawitch Cafe is awesome. They changed their menu a bit though, so I wasn't able to get the shrimp quesadilla like I wanted. Had to settle with Shrimp Taco's to go (which i'm about to kill as dinner tonight :D)

The crab dip nearly put me out after we ate. Still can't get over how good it is.

The last time I went there I pulled a Samurai out of the sand 4 times. The idiot wouldn't stay in the throttle for more than 10 feet. The last time I hooked up to him I just pulled him all the way back to the pavement.

Where's all the pictures at?

Few pics from the weekend. Didn't take many, too busy relaxing :D

Saturday Morning Sunrise:

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

Storm over Wilmington:

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

It filled up like usual during the day, but at night there weren't near as many people camping like last year. Probably due to being so close to school starting and a lot of families taking more expensive vacations. This year we went almost a month later than last year.

Back