• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Johnny joints and frame stiffy

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Where have you guys found the cheapest ones online? I'm looking to buy the ruff stuff frame stiffeners this week but I'm seeing price of $189 on their website but not anywhere else. Just trying to save a few dollars.

Johnny joints as well, I'm seeing weld on ones for $30 and ones with the weld bungs for about $50 ish(maybe higher) any where cheaper? My Internet searching for prices is never that great compared to my naxja searching of specs and torque rating lol

Which frame stiffeners are you getting? I got the hd iffroad ones for $130 shipped to my door. Look in the vendor section of Naxja and see if oBrian is still having that sale. If not call him and try to work it out over the phone.... That is if you want the hd's.

As far as the joints...... I got no idea man :p

I doubt you'll find the ruffstuff stiffeners anywhere but ruffstuff.

use the naxja code for a discount.

I usually get my JJs from polyperformance, but if you are finding them for 30$ that is a steal. got a link?

I doubt you'll find the ruffstuff stiffeners anywhere but ruffstuff.

use the naxja code for a discount.

I usually get my JJs from polyperformance, but if you are finding them for 30$ that is a steal. got a link?

Well the $30 I'm seeing is for those weld on ones, that don't come with the threaded end but only the joint. Ill look up the link in a few.

Bmikes: I'm getting the ruff stuff stiffener but was trying to find a cheaper place than their website

Order straight from RuffStuff. Like Adam mentioned, they are currently running a sale on all RS products. I have a set of stiffeners holding down the shop floor. They're top notch just like everything else Dan produces.

If I was smart I'd get in on the sale, and order up my three link materials.

Food for thought...

2 rebuild kits, one spanner wrench, packing charge, AND shipping charge from ballistic. $70

2 Johnny Joints from currie, via amazon $90

if I get Johnny joints. they will use the same jam nuts and tube adapters as the ballistics. and I wont have to take the guts of the joint to fix.

Only if you don't know what you are doing
With a 20ton air over press they are a snap, pun intended

I was refuting to extreme loading( roll over, side hilling with a sudden stop, traction bars in a diesel) The snap ring pops out. Something has to give.

On a side note. In a average cherocar they are fine. Add heavy 37" plus and 4:1 and the fun starts

Dirtbound sell the RS stiffies as well, I believe. Not sure what the price difference/discount is .

With a 20ton air over press they are a snap, pun intended

I was refuting to extreme loading( roll over, side hilling with a sudden stop, traction bars in a diesel) The snap ring pops out. Something has to give.

On a side note. In a average cherocar they are fine. Add heavy 37" plus and 4:1 and the fun starts

If you actually seat the ring all the way, and you don't overtravel the joint, that won't happen.

The amount of rigs I know running Johnny joints on 37-40" tires, lots of suspension and big boy motors disagrees with you.

Take the savvy currie KOH team. 3 overall wins in mod class 3 years in a row. Johnny joints in every joint.

The joint design is a sound design. The only reason not to run a JJ is
If you can't package the 2.5" joint somewhere. In which case a Heim is usually the solution.

Back