• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Corp Comments!...LEGIT?!?! YOU TELL ME!..LOOOONG!

jeepinairman

NAXJA Forum User
okay here is the deal...there is another thread a goin about getting the free trail rated badge....well of course i called....free is best even if you dont want it....couple mins on the phone and the badge is on its way as is a pamplet on jeep jamboree...*ive never been*

SO!...here is my question...or comment or what have you....

let me start off by saying...i have NEVER been to the rubicon...would like to see it but dont think i could make it...looks pretty tough..

my complaint is....while readin through the JJ Guidbook.....it has a place where it explains trail levels and difficulties....level "10" For the rubicon....but at the bottom of the description it says QUOTE! "Not Reccommended for Jeep Liberty, CHerokee, or Grand Cherokee Models"

This bothered me that they put the Cherokee and even the grand in a class with the liberty....they are both way more capable stock than the liberty....also i have never been to the jeep jamboree so i dont know.....there are build rigs there right???.....i have seen some pretty built stuff on here and around the trails back in KY.....couldnt they make the rubicon?...

sorry..had to vent...hoping this stirs up some discussion...cause im bored..lol..
just pisses me off...i know my rig is very capable just built up a lil bit....maybe not enough of the Rubi..but it does what i tell it...

comments welcome........thank you...drive through!

Don't know how it's done in the rest of the country but when the JJ's are here and BMJA is guiding they are driving their own jeeps and as much as I hate to say it there are a couple of built KJ's round here... [but they STILL get those honkin lower control arms hung :D ] that are pretty capable despite those control arm rock magnets...

I built an offroad test area for the dealer I worked for. I basically designed it to showcase the abilities of the Jeep product. The obstacles varied from hills and off-camber sections to some rockpiles to logs and ditches. For the most part it was doable in any stock model, but that varied with the moisture present(part of it was on peat soil. Very black and very slippery when wet. In any case, I built it before the demise of the XJ and intro of the KJ. Still, all the models were pretty much equally capable. Different ones did better in different spots, but overall, very similar. All have been stuck, and some(including my TJ and a KJ that I spun the frt. cv driveshaft on) have sustained damage.

And as for them recommending one or not for any particular trail, I think thats just a case of CYA.

Brian

Back