• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jacking up XJ to envision future lift height?

Alpine Jim

NAXJA Forum User
So is jacking my XJ up in the garage, a good away to envision how it will look once I add a lift?

For instance, stock height is 17 rear/17.5 front from center of wheel to bottom of flare so if I want to add a 2 inch lift I could just jack the Jeep up until I am at 19/19.5, right?

Anything I am not thinking of here? I am thinking that since I already have the tires and wheels I should be able to see pretty close to what it will look like....

most lift manufacturers advertise lift over the vehicles factory ride height. after 15+ years... you jeep probably doesnt stand quite as tall as it did when new. so just take that into account.

other than that... knock yourself out.

Do not jack the axle. Jack the body to the height you are looking to get leaving the wheels on the ground. That will give you a good idea where the body will be when you add the lift (minus taller tires).

Back