• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed Hood Vents Last Night

hubs97xj said:
They're more expensive, so they must be better, right?

Do any of the hood vents come with anything to keep water from pouring into the engine compartment? I have yet to see anything in the pics, but then again, most of the Jeeps I have seen were in somewhat more arid places than here.

Nothing to keep water out. When you put vents you put a hole in the hood, so if you make it a habit to go hood deep in water all the time then I wouldn't put in the hood vents, but you really wouldn't need them being the water will keep you cool, but as far as the vents say letting rain in, not much of a big deal, your engine is to a certain degree water proof, some things you need to help to ensure it is water proof.

Bought his vents,I'm not sure about the best location to install them though...
19522077.jpg

Actually the vents are from this mini cars...I bought them for the size and because they are not made of plastic...thought they last longer and not melt from the heat...
dinarg.jpg

Actually the vents are from this mini cars...I bought them for the size and because they are not made of plastic...thought they last longer and not melt from the heat...
dinarg.jpg

those vents are also mounted on a vertical surface. if you put them on the hood they would recess into the engine bay and water or snow would just pour in.

The fact that more water or snow could get into the engine is a good point( I say more cause most vents will get you some in ) No matter what type of vent I would install I was counting to choose a location in witch I could get decent heat out of the engine bay and to try to find a location in wiitch I could get water evaporated when in contact with the high temeperatures of the engine,that's was the spirit of my "Best location" answer,by the way thanks to all who posted replies on this matter.

Back