• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

in search of a Top bracket 99 2.5L

gray_penguin

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

1999 4cyl 2.5L

I have been to 2 junkyards with no success. I am in need of the bracket that the Compressor sits on and the top of the alternator attaches too. there is a idler pulley on it but unlink the 4.0L I found in the pick-n-pulls it does not have the water pump attached. Its made out of cast alum and mine cracked at the bottom.

Any one out there that can help me out?

Hello,

1999 4cyl 2.5L

I have been to 2 junkyards with no success. I am in need of the bracket that the Compressor sits on and the top of the alternator attaches too. there is a idler pulley on it but unlink the 4.0L I found in the pick-n-pulls it does not have the water pump attached. Its made out of cast alum and mine cracked at the bottom.

Any one out there that can help me out?

Can you post a picture of the bracket? I had a couple 2.5's over the years and might have it laying around.

Its tough to get a good image with it on the engine. The first two are from my XJ the second two are from my girlfriends TJ (she does not have A/C so you can see a bit more)
Its flat with 4 threaded holes for the bolts that hold on the comressor
there are 2 holes below the flat top on the head side that bolt it to head.
There is the idle pulley also
There are numbers on hers: 53010207 and 47896

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo3.JPG

photo4.JPG

Last edited:
Finally found one. Took it off of a 98 Dodge Dakota
(same exact engine)

Yea they also ran the AX-15 around that year too. Glad to hear you found it.

Back