• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm working on a new product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a little different if they were actually in stock somewhere and you could reasonably expect to get them after ordering? I know I don't put up with that shit.

And unit pricing "probably" comes down if you go from 10 sets to 50 sets.

We're a major manufacturer, we have the capacity to mass produce in a timely fashion and we don't need to worry about things like minimum orders.

If we put these into production and we get an order while we're out of stock, our usual turnaround time is 2 weeks. Not being a retailer, the end consumer shouldn't see too much of this 2 week turnaround so long as our distributors are properly maintaining their inventory.

The small amber lights for turn signals are useless. I have farmermatt boxes and you can't see the turn signal at all unless it's nighttime and you're 50 feet away.

Use one red light for stop/turn/tail and put a reverse light in.

Also, there has to be a RED sidemarker to be DOT legal in the rear. Amber sidemarkers are for the front, so you know which way a car is driving.

One single red LED that is Stop/Tail/Turn/Sidemarker all in one that meets AND exceeds FMVSS and DOT specs.
That would be cool.....but not cost effective.
It is possible though.

no, the good luck is everyone talks about wanting them but when they are available, they want them for nothing, I always had them in stock. Was not worth the investment to bother with in my opinion. 3 companies made them and all 3 dropped them, what does that tell you

no, the good luck is everyone talks about wanting them but when they are available, they want them for nothing, I always had them in stock. Was not worth the investment to bother with in my opinion. 3 companies made them and all 3 dropped them, what does that tell you

Definitely something to keep in mind. It's easy for us to drop them just as others have done too.

What other companies made them beside Rusty's and yourself?

Did any of those guys distribute thru the major retailers out there? That could potentially be our advantage in all of that.

Products rarely have success in numbers without strong marketing behind them.

Did any of those guys distribute thru the major retailers out there? That could potentially be our advantage in all of that.

Farmboys (Farmer Matt's gig) was distributed through Quadratec.

That's true, but they do buy the hell out of our bumpers, tube doors and sideplates. Can't even keep up with that crap.

That's the kind of part that they'll eat up. Suspension systems are 50/50 (half the people bitch about prices, half just buy). Little detail products like that tend to get ignored by a lot.

What you may get though is the loyal customers. "I have the bumper, doors, sideplates, I might as well get the matching boxes" kind of thinking.

Trust me.. Tail light housings aren't worth the trouble.. Unless you had them made in China for pennies.. not many small shops can afford to spend 100K on steel stamps.. Good luck..

One of the few who tried..
Dave

Just to throw out my own opinion. I would only buy the THOR style boxes. I like the integration into the quarter panel protection. And about $300 sounds pretty good for those with one LED oval parking/stop/turn lamp clocked to an angle and a small white back up lamp (either LED or halogen)

If you produced something like that I would buy it.

HTH

Just to throw out my own opinion. I would only buy the THOR style boxes. I like the integration into the quarter panel protection. And about $300 sounds pretty good for those with one LED oval parking/stop/turn lamp clocked to an angle and a small white back up lamp (either LED or halogen)

If you produced something like that I would buy it.

HTH

X100

if I'm gonna smash my taillight I'm pretty sure it'd be on something that would damage the whole quarter panel area.

you should really develop something like the thorquarter panel guards.

I would buy those in a heartbeat but wouldn't even consider the steel boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back